Need Help Placing A Female Pit That Was Going To Be Shot

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
sptbkfn01
Newborn Bully

Need Help Placing A Female Pit That Was Going To Be Shot

Postby sptbkfn01 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:42 pm

I just heard from a lady that saved a 5 month old female that was going to be shot solely because the owner didn't want it anymore. I am trying to locate a good home for her. She is supposedly a Pitbull Razorback (I've never heard of one before).

I am going to also try to find a local rescue that would be interested in taking her in, but I didn't know if anybody here would like to expand the family by one. I would take her in a heartbeat, but a two-bedroom trailer with one dog and 4 cats is more than enough right now.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Are you by Lebanon? Has she contacted the local humane society?

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:15 pm

As you don't know this dog personally, you can't post her here, however, I'm leaving this thread up, as hopefully members can help you w/some contacts/resources.
For what it's worth, there is no such thing as a pitbull razorback, there's just 1 breed, the American Pit Bull Terrier, but I'm sure that woman doesn't know better.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:19 pm

if I can get a better location, I can call around here in my area, and see if someone could make space..

sptbkfn01
Newborn Bully

Postby sptbkfn01 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Leslie,

I'm sorry that I posted. I completely forgot about that rule. I heard the bad news and lost my sense because I felt so bad.

Since I posted, I will give a little more detail: we went to see her because she was only about 10 minutes away. The lady that was caring for the dog is 71 years old and already has 3 dogs. She knew she couldn't keep another, but was getting attached to her. Apparently, the moron owner is claiming that she is a mix between Gotti bloodlines and Razors Edge bloodlines. I don't know my different types of dogs that much, but I really don't think she's even close. She was obviously abused because she is very cautious about fast movements and it looks like she has a burn mark on her head.

For now, my friends and I decided to foster her because the lady was growing tired of taking care of 4 dogs. My friend's house has more than enough room to foster a dog for awhile. Our pit was at their house and the poor little girl really took a liking to her. There's a chance that we may end up hanging onto her because she stuck to our dog like glue instantly and we had been tossing around the idea of getting another dog. Just not as soon as this came up. I will post some pictures tomorrow and let everyone know how she is doing. She will definitely need some work to get her over her fear issues.

If you would like to close this thread, I understand and I can start a new one with pictures and updates of how she is progressing.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:20 am

There's a chance that we may end up hanging onto her because she stuck to our dog like glue instantly and we had been tossing around the idea of getting another dog.

Poor dog.
I'd recommend a 2 week shut down IMMEDIATELY.
It's going to be very tough to see what she's truly like tonight or even tomorrow.
If you've not done the 2 week shut down there's a sticky and here's a website pertaining to such:
http://www.nhpbr.org/two_weeks.html

sptbkfn01
Newborn Bully

Postby sptbkfn01 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:29 am

msvette2u,

Thanks for the info. I've never done this before, so I will be reading very closely. I also forgot to mention in the previous post that it turned out that this woman was caring for the dog for the past week and a half or so. I was under the impression that this only happened today.

pits-r-luv
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pits-r-luv » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:24 am

Just wondering... Could it be a Pit/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix??Razorback??

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:21 am

Any news on this little gal? What about pictures? Will you be keeping her?

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”