The Photo Book Projects

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

The Photo Book Projects

Postby Stormi » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:38 pm

http://www.thephotobooks.com/home.html

This is an excellent way to get the word out about bullies in need of adoption and educate on BSL!

from the website:

the projects:
I'm traveling across country for a few months to photograph rescue dogs and deaf dogs with their families. I'll be stopping at animal shelters and pet rescues along the way, to photograph the dogs and to interview the people - all to get a better understanding of the pet overpopulation crisis in the United States and Canada.

the goals:
1- Two photo books. One on deaf dogs and one on rescue dogs, both photo books will be sold by animal shelters, animal rescue groups and on this website to raise funds for these nonprofits and to support animal rescue.

2- Education. Both photo books will help educate the public about the beauty of these animals, the problems faced by shelters and rescue groups, the problem of breed-specific legislation, the joy deaf dogs can bring to your life, the pet overpopulation problem, why you should spay or neuter your pets, the evils of puppy mills, how so many great dogs wind up in shelters and why you should adopt, not buy, your next dog.

me:
I'm a photographer, animal lover and writer, who loves dogs, traveling, photography and giving back. As long as I can find some good coffee while I'm on the road, the photo book projects are truly my dream jobs.

Emi
Forum Junky

Postby Emi » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:58 am

Those are some awesome pictures :) :thumbsup:

lpyrbby
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lpyrbby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Aww...you don't want to come visit Charleston, SC for a day?? lol

This is a great idea and I'm eager to see how it turns out :)

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”