Emergency Funds Needed!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
lpyrbby
Bully Lover 4 Life

Emergency Funds Needed!

Postby lpyrbby » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:31 pm

One of our most dedicated volunteers just got in contact with me this evening and her neighbor found a dog with what we suspect is a prolapsed uterus.

We are taking her into the vet first thing in the morning to get her squared away. We'll get her scanned for a microchip and all just to make sure but we can't just let this girl sit with this BLOB hanging from her hiney :(

I hate coming to people for stuff like this, but obviously, she needs the vetting and this isn't something we planned for. ANY donation at all will be much appreciated and if you can't donate, please pass this around!

Thanks!

Click for Pictures - GRAPHIC

lpyrbby
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lpyrbby » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am

Update**

After doing more research and talking to others, apparently this is easily handled by a simple spay surgery. I had the personal fear in the back of my mind that this would be an expensive surgery reaching into a couple hundred dollars EASILY.

At this time, we CAN cover the costs of a spay surgery. We'll update again tomorrow after we learn more about her individual treatment needs.

Sorry for the dramatic post!

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 am

Good luck. I didn't look at the photos... but I hope all works out alright with the surgery.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 am

Wow, I've never knew that could happen in dogs. It happened to a pet rat of mine once...

I hope she gets better/fixed soon. I can't imagine now awful that must feel. :frown:

lpyrbby
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lpyrbby » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:50 am

Just got back from the vet. 'Venus" is getting her spay done today at my personal vet because our rescue vet had never done a spay with a prolapsed uterus before and wasn't comfortable with it. My vet commented that hers is the worst he's seen in a long time.

This surgery will go a bit beyond a simple spay and the bill was NOT cheap. The spay surgery alone is $145. They'll be doing electronic monitoring and will be working on restructuring the uterus while they're in there.

She's going to need some pretty special aftercare by the way of sugarpacking (that's what my vet called it). She'll need a sugar mixture of sorts to help absorb the excess moisture and encourage the walls of her vulva to recede

SO, if anyone would still like to contribute, it would be super helpful in replenishing funds.

Thanks and we'll keep you all updated!

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Ouchies, poor girl. She's a pretty thing, I hope her surgery and recovery goes well.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”