Worlds Best Dogs; Forgotten

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
TeddiXRuxpin
Adolescent Bully

Worlds Best Dogs; Forgotten

Postby TeddiXRuxpin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Today I went out to help my friend again and I got to meet some new dogs. All are sweet, loving, and just waiting for attention. We made out rounds and every chance I got I took pictures. Here they are..

First we went over where the cat colony is. I saw a new face, but couldn’t get to close. He’s cross eyed too.

This is another favorite, but it looks like he’s been getting into fights. Didn’t mind being picked up for his picture though.

And near the cats is the mama dog where they sold all of the pups except one. I took pictures a while back when they were all just weeks old.

This is mama

And a blurry one of the last puppy

Moses (All of his pictures look the same)

Diamond (6 month old white, piggy pit) used to live behind Moses, but she was rehomed and is now being taken care of. So instead they got a new 6 month old Pit (possibly mix) who is very underweight.

Of course General, it’s really hard to get him to put his ears up!

Also known as the cookie monster

I posted a thread a couple weeks ago with pictures of Whitey; the first dog I’d groomed. She is doing really good, but these are the two dogs that live chained up outside.

Pewee

His play (girl) pose

And Black the rottie that didn’t want my black box to take pictures of him. Lol

Then, we went back to her house to pick up a couple dog houses and a few collars. Since we were right there we took out a couple of her dogs. Samson is a new face too; she was feeding Princess (one of her regular rout dogs) and he came wondering up behind her. He was being kept, along with a few other rotties, as guard dogs. We’re not sure how he got out, but we’re glad he did. I’m not sure how he made it there because he’s just such a big baby. He sure did win over my heart and my face. Lol

He wouldn’t stop giving me kisses

Then we headed back out to take the dog houses to the needed dogs.

Baby is the female and I can’t even imagine how full of worms she is. She had the chain rapped around her neck and hooked to the fence. Once she knew we were there to help her, she turned into moosh. So a much needed collar, a dog house, water, food, dewormer, and more room to walk around, let along a cleaned up place to sleep.. she was very happy.

The male (can’t remember name) was also rapped in chains, but on top of that he had a 3 inch collar around his neck. He was so scared it was sad to see, but I clipped his fang like toe nails, we fed, watered, gave him a house, also dewormed him, and gave him many kisses. They were much happier when we left.

After we set those two dogs up and safe from the incoming rain we headed back to her house to finish taking pictures.

This is Brandy; she has been living as stray for at least the last year and been fed by Angie ever since the first time she saw her. Well Friday I got a phone call that she had to put one of her fosters down. He was at least 13 years old and his chest was full of cancer; some of you might remember him from my other threads. His named was Drake. Later that day she was making her rounds feeding and after almost a year Brandy came up to her. As if she was asking for her to take her home, that she was ready to start over. She is still a little scared, but she’s not hungry, cold, lonely, instead she’s loved.

She was also given two 6 week old Chihuahua/poodle mix puppies.
This is Sammy

And this is JJ

Together
*That's All* Thanks for looking!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Are these dogs rescues? Can she get them fixed? She can apply to PBRC to get them fixed.

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 pm

I just went back to one of your older posts to figure out where all these dogs and cats live, and all I can say is..... WOW, what an amazing thing you and your friend are doing for all these dogs and cats.
Every single picture broke my heart a little. It's really sad that all these animals will never have a happy ending.

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Oh, those poor beautiful dogs! :crybaby:

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Again, you guys are wonderful! Those dogs and cats are lucky to have you guys!

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 pm

I still cant believe I am so shocked everytime I see your posts. It is so sad that people can do this to people, I shouldn't be shocked, I know there are horrible out there. Thank god there are also people like you to help them. Why cant we save them all :frown:

Thank you and your friend again for all you do, it is people like you that keep my faith in humanity.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 pm

It's sad and wonderous too.
I love the kitty. Wish I could bundle him up and take him to a vet for that wound!

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:40 am

Thank you and your friend for all you do :bowdown:

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Are there any links to older posts explaining why these animals cannot be seized?? They are lucky to have TeddyxRuxpin!! Thank you Thank you it is is sooo sad.

TeddiXRuxpin
Adolescent Bully

Postby TeddiXRuxpin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:31 pm

bellabear wrote:I still cant believe I am so shocked everytime I see your posts. It is so sad that people can do this to people, I shouldn't be shocked, I know there are horrible out there. Thank god there are also people like you to help them. Why cant we save them all :frown:

Thank you and your friend again for all you do, it is people like you that keep my faith in humanity.

You're not the only one; every time I go out I'm still amazed at how people can treat animals. Knowing that there are bodies in tied up dog food bags and carcases in the middle of the street. It's so wrong and yet there is nothing you can do for those animals. Right now since most of these dogs ARE actually owned all Angie and all I can do is keep them as comfortable as possible.

One bad thing about starting anything up with the owner is if you mess up that "trust" you no longer get to care for the dog. So you almost have to suck it up for the dog because you know if you make a fuss with the owner that poor dog will starve.

rambler72 wrote:Are there any links to older posts explaining why these animals cannot be seized?? They are lucky to have TeddyxRuxpin!! Thank you Thank you it is is sooo sad.

I have a few other threads I've posted.

This one is the very first time I went out to help.
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... t=#1425483

and this is the next one.
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... t=#1431366

Thank you everyone for looking!

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow! What awesome work. Very heart breaking.

I gotta ask though, are those all the dogs your friend cares for? Are there really that many Pit Bulls and Rotts? or do you just post more pics of them cause this is a Pit Bull site? Just wondering.

Do you or your friend ever try to get the owners to surrender or re-home their dogs? I compleatly understand what you said about trust; so that could be an issue...

Thank you for looking out for these dogs!

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:00 pm

WOW..and I thought going to the pound was hard. At least we have some control, be it a sad soft good by .

This has to be so heartwrenching!! But you are doing SO MUCH GOOD!
omg I just love you guys for doing that "Something " that so many of us say and think.. yanno "wish I could do something..."
And there you are doing it.
And yes I imagine its a fine line between helping and pissing off the humans , even more kudos to your friend and you for biting your tounge, listening and trying to make a difference.

you guys REALLY rock! :thumbsup:

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:57 pm

These threads of yours always make me cry.

Thank you for everything you do. And thanks to your friend as well.

TeddiXRuxpin
Adolescent Bully

Postby TeddiXRuxpin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 pm

merriterrier wrote:Wow! What awesome work. Very heart breaking.

I gotta ask though, are those all the dogs your friend cares for? Are there really that many Pit Bulls and Rotts? or do you just post more pics of them cause this is a Pit Bull site? Just wondering.

Do you or your friend ever try to get the owners to surrender or re-home their dogs? I compleatly understand what you said about trust; so that could be an issue...

Thank you for looking out for these dogs!

The dogs I posted that are on chains are not dogs she owns, but dogs she goes around to help. She feeds them, gives water, and if possible she keeps them utd on shots and has them neutered. She could care less if the owners dislike her; all that matters is that those dogs have a full stomach and know that at least she cares for them.

I'd say 98% of the dogs she helps in west Dallas are pits or rotties. I post pictures of all the dogs I get to meet, so if their is a lab or a fluffy dog i include those too. It just so happens that most are bullies. I mentioned earlier that more than anything these dogs are owned as a symbol. They want the toughest, meanest looking dog to protect their house even if they're to weak to do anything.

She has gotten some of the dogs rehomed, but there are and will always be more.

Kind of like with Charlie; before he was there they owned a gorgeous white 6 month old Pit named Diamond. I posted here trying to get a foster (I had some one interested) but they didn't want to give her up. She was recently rehomed into a good home and they just went out and got another dog. Once again it's a 6 month old pup, chained up, and being starved. There will always be another one. :frown:

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:03 pm

What happened to the dog with heartworm? Is he still alive?

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”