Looking for the "New Paco"

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby pacopoe » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 am

pacopoe wrote:
BabyReba wrote:OK, I know he's totally on the other coast and probably not even remotely close enough to be an option, but I just saw this guy at Animal Farm Foundation, and I instantly thought of you:

http://www.animalfarmfoundation.org/item.php?id=1&topic=13&item=477

:inlove:

Maybe I will have to take a trip to New York... have always wanted to check their place out anyhow...

Just heard back from Animal Farm and it looks like Mike TeeVee went home last weekend. Kinda sad for me, since I've been thinking about him, but yay for him!

Oh well, will have to find some other reason to travel to NY lol

SFBullyGirl
Addicted to PBF

Postby SFBullyGirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:09 pm

pacopoe wrote:
pacopoe wrote:
BabyReba wrote:OK, I know he's totally on the other coast and probably not even remotely close enough to be an option, but I just saw this guy at Animal Farm Foundation, and I instantly thought of you:

http://www.animalfarmfoundation.org/item.php?id=1&topic=13&item=477

:inlove:

Maybe I will have to take a trip to New York... have always wanted to check their place out anyhow...

Just heard back from Animal Farm and it looks like Mike TeeVee went home last weekend. Kinda sad for me, since I've been thinking about him, but yay for him!

Oh well, will have to find some other reason to travel to NY lol

uhhh shopping!!

good luck in your search you will find the right boy I am sure

There is a lady in my neighborhood that I think does fosters and she has a gorgeous blue fawn dog, I am not sure if it is a male or not, but they have another pit bull and a houseful cats so I know that requirement it filled and he/she looks pretty compact. I have been looking for her to talk to her to find out the specifics but she has not been outside in awhile.

are you only looking for adult dogs so you know what size they are full grown or are puppies ok as well.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:01 pm

ah, that's a shame. but good for him that he has a new home!

pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby pacopoe » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:13 pm

BabyReba wrote:ah, that's a shame. but good for him that he has a new home!

I kind of feel ashamed that I'm not happier for him lol He was pretty darn close to what we're looking for.

I dunno, this search is starting to wear on me. The more I look around the more I realize how irreplaceable Paco is and then i get really bummed out. I just spent all morning crying and writing a sad sack blog entry about the whole thing.

SFBullyGirl, really, when the right dog comes around it won't matter the package/age. Ideally we want something something full grown but young, but if the right puppy came along then who am I to turn it away. Right now the problem is that nothing seems right :frown:

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:16 pm

maybe you need to give yourself a little more time to grieve and not put the pressure on the find the perfect dog just yet . . . you know what they say about good dogs (and men): they always seem to find you when you're not looking for them!

pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby pacopoe » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

BabyReba wrote:maybe you need to give yourself a little more time to grieve and not put the pressure on the find the perfect dog just yet . . . you know what they say about good dogs (and men): they always seem to find you when you're not looking for them!

Ain't that the truth roflmao

That's exactly what I keep telling Aaron, that I'll look and look and look, I won't find anything, and then as soon as I stop looking the perfect dog will show up. So that's my game plan, hence the reason I'm looking now so that, when the time is right in a few months, the new guy will be right there.

It worked that way with Aaron... lol

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Yup I agree.. just "let it go" , in that I mean, let your mind go of the dogs you saw and searched. Kind of like when you loose your gloves and you stop looking and in your mind will pop where they are, or you just stumble across them .

So.. let karma do the rest..
I think this has all been so overwhelming and all that happened is still very strong in your heart.

:cool:

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:20 pm

pacopoe wrote: The more I look around the more I realize how irreplaceable Paco is and then i get really bummed out.

You're not REPLACING Paco. Paco will always be Paco and there will never be a "new Paco".... just a different dog who is right for you at that particular time.

:hug:

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:29 pm

pacopoe wrote:
BabyReba wrote:maybe you need to give yourself a little more time to grieve and not put the pressure on the find the perfect dog just yet . . . you know what they say about good dogs (and men): they always seem to find you when you're not looking for them!

Ain't that the truth roflmao

That's exactly what I keep telling Aaron, that I'll look and look and look, I won't find anything, and then as soon as I stop looking the perfect dog will show up. So that's my game plan, hence the reason I'm looking now so that, when the time is right in a few months, the new guy will be right there.

It worked that way with Aaron... lol
you may even fins him 'walking' into your new storefront any day now. Keep your chin up. You'll find him.

tarnation
Newborn Bully

Postby tarnation » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:49 pm

I assume you have already looked at Griffin (thread right here in rescue)?

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:04 pm

http://bend.craigslist.org/pet/1079518298.html LOOK!!! I found a new Paco!!!!!!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Allie wrote:
pacopoe wrote: The more I look around the more I realize how irreplaceable Paco is and then i get really bummed out.

You're not REPLACING Paco. Paco will always be Paco and there will never be a "new Paco".... just a different dog who is right for you at that particular time.

:hug:

This is so true.
What Erin says is true, too - the right one will come along when you least expect it, maybe when you stop looking.

You are never going to find another dog just like your last, and let's face it, the new dog has some big paws to fill.
There's no time line to adopt, either, or a right "waiting period" or mourning period.

When we lost Copper last summer, we adopted a pup of about 5mos. of age, and while we love him, all of us, he's not "the one" for me, and besides, my daughter stole him from me lol
When I heard of a paralyzed Doxie I felt sad but it didn't occur to me to adopt him, but the day I met him, I KNEW.
I tried to deny it and pissed off at least one couple who wanted him but I KNEW it my heart it was him.
I can look at his photo the day I met him and feel it all over again. He's the one! :inlove:
Yeah it's Tris... lol

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 pm

how the search going? Bad Rap has a little female named Goji. SOOOO ADORABLE!!! :inlove: :inlove:

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:18 pm

I love goji!

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:10 am

Ink is avaliable for trial/foster/adoption through PNWPBR.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=116925

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”