Seattle/Tacoma area. Puppy needs help!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Seattle/Tacoma area. Puppy needs help!

Postby Noriko525 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Here's the original e-mail I sent to a few rescue folks I know...

I was just informed today about an older puppy that has been living outside on a tie out. Apparently she stays tied out on a rope all day/night, and has an Igloo dog house but no type of bedding in it. The yard she lives in is primarily dirt, so they said she's always filthy and the rope she's tied out on is really gross. She gets no human interaction, but my friend said she's really sweet. Apparently she just sits outside and barks all day because she never gets any attention. They don't think she's ever had a bath because her coat is really gross feeling, but she's all white with brown patches. She has one blue eye, and one brown eye. They said she's bigger then Pearl, but smaller then Sativa and will probably end up being around Sativa's size when she's older (45-50lbs). The owners older brother (owner is a 15 year old girl) is willing to let the dog go to a better situation because he hates to see the dog like that... I guess he's snuck her into the basement a few times, which is apparently just a cement basement, and again... no bedding of any type and just as cold as outside. They aren't sure how old she is, but she's definitely under a year, just not a little puppy anymore- they guessed around 8 months. Her name is Cookie.

Any ideas? Any thoughts? No idea how she is with other dogs, but they said she's a real mush with people... she's very desperate for attention and they said she will probably need a lot of work as far as manners go. They can't take her, but they can get her.

I'm really not in a position to take on something like this right now but, seeing as it just snowed, and we're in for a couple months of rain.... I really wanna get her some help if I can :(

And here is an e-mail I sent out today...

Well, my friends went to see her again yesterday and sent me a pic (attached). When she called to see if I had gotten the pic she said the puppy has gotten much worse and said "she doesn't have a collar, but the rope that's tied around her neck is really tight and the skin is red and raw" I told her that's an embedded collar (rope, whatever) and to at least see if she could loosen the rope.

PLEASE let me know if you guys come up with any ideas. My friend said the guy will give her the puppy but that does no good if I don't have anywhere to take her. At this point, she'd be better off in a shelter even if it means a death sentance for her.

Please let me know if anyone can think of any options!!

I guess the only reason the "owner" (15 year old girl) is going to give her up is because I told my friends to tell her that I was going to call the authorities for the conditions they are keeping her in. If nothing else, I really might just go pick her up and drop her off at a shelter.... Thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas here before I do that because Tacoma does not adopt out Pit Bulls, she would be PTS. Education is NOT an option for these people. They don't care. Period.

COOKIE

I could hold on to her for a few days at most. If anyone has ANY options. Please help get this girl out of this situation.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Poor baby :crybaby:
Thanks for trying to help her.

Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Kirstan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Seattle Animal Control is, at the least, pit bull friendly. Maybe there? Maybe Aaron?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:37 pm

This makes me sick :(
I wish we had outdoor runs still - I'd take her here until something better could be found.
At least she'd have clean surroundings :sad:
We don't have anything set up now, and we have one large dog (the Aussie type) so that's our max for big dogs.

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 pm

That's so sad. She looks so sweet. :crybaby:

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:28 am

Well, I might have a home for her. Huge, big, fat, maybe is all it is though. I told the person who knows the interested party that she would need to be spayed first (Pit Bulls can be fixed for $15 in Tacoma) and I'd foot the bill (then I could make sure it REALLY gets done too). He really liked the idea of that... which of course made me like him better too :))

This poor girl, nobody wants her there so they're just letting her waste away by herself outside. I saw pics of her neck yesterday and although the imbedded collar isnt horrible yet...it's on its way.

Thanks for the responses guys, it's always a little frustrating when it seems like nobody cares (100 views, 4 responses :sad: ) I'll keep this updated, I'm hoping she can be out of there within a few weeks at most.

Also- I heard that as of yesterday King County is going ahead with the "No Teathering" law. No dogs are allowed to be tied up outside from the hours of 9pm- 5am. This could work in my advantage.... and in Cookies!

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:20 am

I am so sorry for Cookies situation. What a crappy life.
I am sending Good Vibes for what it's worth.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:34 am

Keeping fingers x'ed!!!!!!!!!

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:26 pm

I hope her new home spoils her rotten like she deserves!
Jen

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:24 pm

msvette2u wrote:Keeping fingers x'ed!!!!!!!!!

Me too! Please keep us updated.

CPsPits
Newborn Bully

Postby CPsPits » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

If I was closer I would snatch her up in a heart beat! She is just so percious...good luck finding her a forever home

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Any update yet? I know it has only been a couple of days since your last post but..... hoping for some good news!!

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 am

Nope... the *only* offer for any type of help I have recieved is someone who can get her spayed for $15. If she has somewhere to go, I will gladly get her spayed.

We just had snow again the other night and it's been dropping down to the teens the last few nights.... I really wish there was more I could do... I'm still trying for her though.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 am

What about just getting her out of there and getting her to a shelter--surely that would be better, even if she wasn't adopted, than having her live such a miserable life. :sad:

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 am

Our only shelters here she wouldnt have a chance.

Ashley..my outdoor pen is empty. Its a crappy solution. But it would get her off the chain and it would be clean. And she would be inside in a crate at night at least. But with everything I have going on (Crystal and Mom) if she is any problem at all, it would have to be SUPER short term. I just don't have any time or energy right now to foster. :frown:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”