Seattle/Tacoma area. Puppy needs help!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 pm

I talked to my friends. They said they would call the authorities on them if that's what it came down too... I told them if they didn't want to, to just give me the info and I will HAPPILY call and report them.

I'd rather get her somewhere safe though because as stated previously, any shelter around here is a death sentance for this lil lady....

Vi- I havent' the slightest clue what she's like around other dogs, I'd assume she's never even seen a crate in her life, and I know because she's so neglected, all she does is bark. Doesn't sound like it's a good fit for your house with everything going on right now but... it's really your call!

I guess she is SO smelly my friend is hesitant to even put her in her car lol I told her to tell them they at least need to give her a bath if we decide to not report them.

Vi, let me know. Otherwise- I think I wil try calling AC this week. She needs out of there, like, yesterday....

twilliams558
Adolescent Bully

Postby twilliams558 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 pm

I really wish i was closer so that i could help :frown:

Poor little baby that has to be a miserable life. :crybaby:

BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby BudDog » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Oh she is beautiful!! :inlove: It's really sad when people own dogs and leave them tied out in a yard all alone :frown:

I've been thinking about getting a third dog for awhile and wanted to adopt one from a shelter or rescue, if someone could find out how Cookie is with other dogs, I'd talk to my husband about taking her in.

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:22 pm

BudDog wrote:Oh she is beautiful!! :inlove: It's really sad when people own dogs and leave them tied out in a yard all alone :frown:

I've been thinking about getting a third dog for awhile and wanted to adopt one from a shelter or rescue, if someone could find out how Cookie is with other dogs, I'd talk to my husband about taking her in.

I will see what I can do!! She's still a puppy, so I can't imagine she's all that bad with other dogs but I will definitely test her out. I don't have cats so I can't help there, but I do already know she's good with people. I'm just imagining these insane zoomies when she gets off her rope for the first time in who knows how long!

Regardless of the outcome, she needs out of there so I will see when I can get her, and maybe Vi and I can work together on housing her until we figure out what we can do with her.

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Well, this girls story has taken quite a twist.

I recieved word that she had a foster home and a rescue who would take her. Got most of the details worked out for her... the rescue lady I spoke with even had a vet appt set up for her for tomorrow. I contacted my friends, who contacted the people who have her, and they call me back to tell me that she was given away THIS MORNING. I was a few hours too late :crybaby:

But, I'm still working with the rescue lady to try and find her and see if we can get her. Unfortuantely, the area that Cookie lives (or has been living in) is NOT a good area of town and although it might seem wrong to assume, its a pretty safe assumption that she went to a home similiar to the home she just came from.

I will keep this updated if we find her and are able to get her... otherwise... juts cross your fingers she didn't go from one chain to another chain, or that she wont be used as a puppy pumper because of her "cool eyes."

Thank you Ellen, and Jana for trying for her. I know we haven't given up yet but I just wanted to say thank you so much for trying for her...it's always nice when someone is able to rekindle your faith in people just a little!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm just going to pray as hard as I can for Cookie and you, I just don't know what else to do.

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Thank you. We're still working on tracking her down. My friend just got off work and is going to head over there in a little while to see what happened. They KNEW that we were going to take her and find a home....according to my friend, so she feels like the story isnt adding up. :\

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Oh no!!!!
I hope you find her!! :(

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:53 pm

I hope you find her! :sad:

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Aw, man, that sucks! That poor dog, and after you did all that. I put her on the new Paco thread too, I just thought she'd make a good Paco collar model. I hope you can track her down.
Jen

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:05 am

crap...that is NOT what I wanted to read. :frown:

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Any update????

BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby BudDog » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh this is such a sad story :frown:

I hope her new home is better than her last. I went to a family gathering this past weekend and couldn't stop talking about Cookie. I was ready to take a drive up to WA LOL Oh well. Best wishes Cookie!

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:01 am

I did get an update on her. Thank you everyone for trying what you could... Cookie was a fortunate one from what I've been told. She went to a co-worker of my friends sister. He has a male Pit Bull as well, but supposedly he took Cookie to the vet the next day, set up a spay appt, got her microchipped etc, and also took her to the groomer (which she needed badly.)

I'm so happy to be wrong about where she might have ended up. Sounds like she's in great hands, but my friend is going to keep tabs on her anyways so she doesn't end up anywhere she doesn't belong again. Lets hope this is her final stop!

BudDog, thank you so much for considering taking her into your home! Any dog that ends up with you and your crew is a very fortunate dog :)

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:08 am

That's such good news! Thanks for checking up on her. :)

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”