My name is Newman

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
violet
Addicted to PBF

My name is Newman

Postby violet » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:05 pm

And I would like to introduce myself and tell you a little about me. I am two years old, neutered, vaccinated, wormed and microchipped. I have completed level 1 obedience (I was quite a star in my class!) and I am also housebroken, crate trained and according to my foster Mom, I am just a good boy. Mom says everyone knows all about me but I am going to give you the short version of my history.

I don't remember much from my puppy days but I remember from when I met Mom. I was about five months old, August of 2007, Some people found me in a bad part of town running around. I can't remember how I got there. but they picked me up and took me to a big place called the shelter. And they called me Buddy. I was there for a few days and I heard someone say something about me being a "pit bull" and that I was going to go to sleep. Well..the people who found me called Mom. And thats when I first met Mom. She came and got me. :)) I only spent a couple days with ehr and she took me to a vet to be neutered, get my shots and get my microchip. Then I went to live with the people who found me. I was with them for a little while and I got lost and was picked up by some guys in a big truck. They took me back to the shelter. Well..since Mom had me microchipped they called her. And she came and got me. Again. The people I got lost from wanted me back so Mom took me to them. Not long after that I went to live with someone else. Then I got lost again. This time a nice lady found me and had my chip scanned. And they called my Mom. And she came and got me. She called the people who first found me and they gave her the number of my NEWEST home. Those people were very happy I was found and Mom took me to them. Not much long after that I got lost again. I went back to the shelter place again. And they called Mom. And she came and got me! (I would like to add for anyone who wonders why I returned Newman to these original people, when I FIRST bailed Newman out of doggy jail, it was with the understanding that he was not my dog and I was not taking responsibility for him. But I guess I did anyways.)

This time Mom didn't call anyone else. She just brought me home to be her foster dog. And she gave me my new name which is Newman. Mom says PBF helped pick my name. I lived with mom awhile and she thought she found me the perfect home. Not quite a year ago. I went to live wiht this nica family who had a little boy that was my best friend. I lived with them for about two months and they called Mom and said they couldnt keep me. So.I came back to moms. Mom thought she found me a perfect home again in January. But those people joined the ARMY and Air Force and brought me back to Mom yet again. So here I am.

Mom says I am a very good boy. And she loves me very much. But she wants me to have my own family. I like to chase cats but I get along with other nice dogs. Even the small ones that live here (and they AREN'T very nice) I want to be friends with Cowgirl but she kinda wants to push me around. That makes me mad. Mom says I mind very well. I love to play and chase toys. I will chew on things if I am bored but only when I am alone. I like going for walks and for rides. And I REALLY love people alot!

Mom says she will do whatever it takes to find me the right forever home. I hope it happens soon..cause I love Mom but i hve to be outside and in the crate alot here. Mom says I deserve alot better.

You can pm Mom here or you can email her at DRAWashington@hotmail.com for an application.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by violet on Sat May 09, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Jeez, good luck AGAIN. . . I hope he finds his FOREVER home.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:15 am

Bummer! :sad:

Better luck this time handsome!

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 pm

poor newman.

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:28 pm

BabyReba wrote:poor newman.

X2!

I wish this poor guy would get a break and find the perfect forever home.

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something permanent will come Newman's way soon.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Newman I'm going to pray for you every day and hope that you get a real forever home next time. You are a very lucky boy that your "Mom" made sure and have you microchipped!! Very lucky indeed. Best of luck handsome fellow.

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:37 pm

Aww, its always been sad but hearing it from his point of view made me cry. I feel so bad for him. I really really pray that he gets his very own home for good this time, he soooo deserves this. He doesn't even have reaason for coming back, he is a good boy.

I rember when you wanted to change his name, I remember thinking Newman as New Man!! Poor boy deserves another chance at life.

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:20 am

I just do not understand it..he is such a good boy. im so sad for him. And im worried about him. He has not uttered so much as one bark since hes been back. And he isnt a HUGE barker but to not bark at all? He breaks my heart. :frown:

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:42 am

Aww, see Bella is alot like him, she doesn't bark either, well for the most part, she will bark one time at the door to let us know she needs to go potty. And a few times she has barked at people that startle her, like the pizza guy coming to the gate at night time, but thats about it.

He is the perfect dog, I wish so bad I could have him, but wishing is never enough :frown:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:28 pm

CinderDee wrote:
BabyReba wrote:poor newman.

X2!

I wish this poor guy would get a break and find the perfect forever home.

Ditto. Bless his heart.

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Any updates on Newman? Has he been adopted yet? How is he doing? Is he still at your house or in a foster home?

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 pm

He is here. No inquiries. No interest. He is doing pretty well though has had some depression issues. Go figure. He is still the same, sweet, stellar boy he has always been but is much more subdued when he isn't inside with us. Which worries me. :frown: he desperately needs his own home. :frown:

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:52 am

Aww poor baby, I feel so bad for him and for you, because I know you love him and want the best for him. Good luck Newman, I know your luck is going to turn and I pray its very soon.

pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 am

so chasing cats means probably not a good idea to be around them? Is there any chance at all he could get along with one?

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”