Billie, blue brindle in Sacramento CA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Billie, blue brindle in Sacramento CA

Postby adoptanapbt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 pm

(I vow to try to get better pictures when my friend comes over Thursday to lend an extra pair of hands... :oops: )

BILLIE is a 1-2yr FS blue brindle APBT (UKC style) rescued from euthanasia at the Merced shelter. Doggy in attitude as well as looks, she is your typical dorky, happy musclehead male in a female body. Her biggest issue is chewing: if it will fit in her mouth, she will give it a try, so crating is a must when she is unsupervised.

Billie just finished her first round of basic obedience. We will go back if she's not placed by the 2nd week in April. Budget allowing, I'm hoping to go for her CGC on 4/19. She does very well on walks, except that thanks to her cropped ears and tank-like everyone she wants to say hi to (in my neighborhood) is scared of her. :frown:

She is fostered with 2 other female dogs, but I would prefer to see her matched with a male dog if any. She is good with cats and has shown very little interest in squirrels/birds in the yard. She knows how to fetch and really just wants to be with people all the time.

She snores like a bandsaw and, although she is not terribly athletic, she has a fair amount of energy that will require physical & mental outlets. Billie is low-drive enough to be a good match for an inexperienced owner willing to do pit bull research or a breeze for a bully-savvy home.

She came in to the shelter recently spayed and is now dewormed, microchipped, heartworm tested & on flea control.

A video for those with the bandwidth:
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby FearSheeple » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 am

Awww, she is adorable! :inlove:
FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby Carebear » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 am

Does she have wings so she can fly up to B.C.? She sounds like my perfect second dog!
Carebear
Newborn Bully

Postby adoptanapbt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 am

If we can figure out a home check for you, I'm sure transportation could be figured out! :thumbsup:
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 pm

O M G She is bEautiful!!!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby WGPKlaus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Wow! she's beautiful and would make a perfect sister for my son Kahless, unfortunately we're on the wrong coast! lol

Tell me she's not meant to be his match?
WGPKlaus
Super Bully

Postby adoptanapbt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Well, Billie failed her CGC, but it was strictly lack of obedience training/proofing on my part. So, back to the drawing board...

She did excellent at Picnic Day on Saturday and got quite a few fans. She had a small mass removed on Friday and we're awaiting the biopsy results.
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby adoptanapbt » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Bump with new pics! Billie's lost almost all of the dead hair in her coat & looks really good now that her pyoderma has healed. lol Her final weight topped out at 55lbs, but she could still put on some more muscle.

adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby dawnapbt » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm

adoptanapbt wrote:Well, Billie failed her CGC, but it was strictly lack of obedience training/proofing on my part. So, back to the drawing board...

She did excellent at Picnic Day on Saturday and got quite a few fans. She had a small mass removed on Friday and we're awaiting the biopsy results.

Hey we did an event at picnic day! I'd have loved to see her in person :)
dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby adoptanapbt » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:40 pm

I ended up having to hold dogs for most of the day because the parade dogs were gone for so long and they were short-staffed.

BTW, her mass was a histiocytoma, which would have gone away on its own, but oh well.
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Re:

Postby InBearsMemory » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:28 am

She's a adorable little girl. Hopefully she finds a great forever home. She looks like a total doll!
InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Re: Billie, blue brindle in Sacramento CA

Postby adoptanapbt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 am

My upstairs neighbors & their chickens are driving me batty, so I'm looking for a new place when my lease is up 12/31/09 and it's going to be hard enough to move with one pit bull, let alone two. So, let's get Billie into her new home by the end of the year!!!! :pray

adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:58 pm

awww I can't believe you still have her! She is stunning!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PBRVeganGirl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:58 pm

i wish Salt Lake County didnt have the absolutely stupid law that you can only have 2 dogs per house hold. id drive straight over to Sac and pick her cute little booty up... shes perfect.
PBRVeganGirl
Matured Bully

Postby danah515 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:54 am

She is so pretty! :inlove: I am surprised she hasn't found her forever home yet, she sounds perfect. Good luck!
danah515
Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs