Adopting a Pitbull in Ontario

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Adopting a Pitbull in Ontario

Postby Sariss » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Does anyone have any documentation on how one can adopt a Pitbull in Ontario?
I remember hearing that you can still adopt one if you live in the province, providing you haven't owned one before. Is this correct?

Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby Sariss » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:19 pm

:o nevermind, I think I found what I needed.

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm

www.bulliesinneed.ca and www.furkidsrescue.ca are two good ontario rescues.

You'd have to email furkids because they don't always post the pit bulls on the main page. I know they had a breeding pair and a bunch of puppies (the female is with bullies in need) just a few weeks ago, but I don't know if the male or female were old enough to stay in the province.

Good luck!

PuppyPalace
Adolescent Bully

Postby PuppyPalace » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Information on The Dog Owners' Liability Act and Public Safety Related to Dogs Statute Law Amendment Act, 2005

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/dola-pubsfty/dola-pubsfty.asp

Thanks for suggesting us Heather. I don't know what dog/puppies you speak of though. We have no puppies right now, and the gal we just got in that we thought was about to have babies, well... the xray showed she actually has bullets in her body but no babies...must have given birth just before getting to us.

:(

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:20 am

PuppyPalace wrote:Information on The Dog Owners' Liability Act and Public Safety Related to Dogs Statute Law Amendment Act, 2005

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/dola-pubsfty/dola-pubsfty.asp

Thanks for suggesting us Heather. I don't know what dog/puppies you speak of though. We have no puppies right now, and the gal we just got in that we thought was about to have babies, well... the xray showed she actually has bullets in her body but no babies...must have given birth just before getting to us.

:(

When Renee from ANMLRESQ (furkids) emailed me (before you guys got Sweetie pie, now Madeline) about the dogs in the shelter, she was looking for a foster home with 48 hours notice or the dogs would die... she had said there were 2? young puppies, a large male and a smaller female... but that the puppies were already going somewhere (no idea where) just the adults were left on the count down clock.

Glad she's safe, that picture of her in the shelter was haunting.

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:47 pm

she had said there were 2? young puppies, a large male and a smaller female... but that the puppies were already going somewhere (no idea where) just the adults were left on the count down clock.

Oh yes those two, they went to another rescue in QC and are happy and safe :)) they were older pups when we arrived there was only Maddy left in the container shelter (it was actually a transport container turned into a shelter run)

she is currently bunking with me and doing well :))

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”