Can anyone in Florida please help me???

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
LoveBullies
Matured Bully

Postby LoveBullies » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Absolutely ridiculous... Talking about pissing me off....... I'll let the regulator's lock this page before I rant about this.... Just remember... My dogs like yours should be like your children... I would never rehome my 2 year old son, because of my work schedule. THEY'RE LIFE TIME COMMITMENTS... Maybe instead of changing your dogs lives, maybe you should change yours. F***ing ridiculous.

green machine
Newborn Bully

Postby green machine » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:44 pm

wow, your an **hole. im here looking for help. even if that help means helping me keep my dogs .like said thinking about this brings to tears. i am legally obligated to my schedule, it cannot change. Thanks for your kind words :frown:

and why would the mods lock this, i am simply looking for help.

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Have you thought about maybe a Doggy Daycare type of thing for them .. Not to Play but to at least have someone to let them out while ure at work? I know a friend of mine works at a kennel.. and they do dog Rotations with Dog friendly dogs, and dogs Not Dog Friendly. So they have time out to play..and then get kenneled while others are out and so forth. So you wont feel like they are kenneled all day long while ure at work. And they are typically tired at night. So maybe they wont get into as much trouble?!

I dunno what else to offer you. But Good luck with it!

3fatponies
Matured Bully

Re: Can anyone in Florida please help me???

Postby 3fatponies » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 pm

green machine wrote: THey WILL NOT get into the wrong hands,I just wont allow it.

Sad to say, the only way to ensure this is to keep them yourself and figure crate time is far more fair than ending up dead or worse. I suspect the people accusing you of being "unfair" to your dogs have no concept of the reality of what pits face in the shelter system....

What need to be said is that you have very few, if any, options that involve an outside person helping you because there are simply too many dogs and too few people to help.

You can rehome them yourself, but you will need to invest all the time and effort of a rescue with vet refs, home visits, keeping track of dog's progress, etc. It's not impossible, but it will most likely take time, as your dogs have very stiff competition. The sheer number of unwanted pits is so great and demand so low that only 1 in 600 survives the shelter system, but there are good homes out there.

Just one strong caution: if you do choose to rehome them, do NOT stint on the effort of qualifying references and even bringing the dogs for multiple visits and make it clear that those things are non-negotiable. Not only will your requirements scare off the more questionable people, but they will create a relationship that will allow you to keep continued track of the dogs to ensure they are not without a safety net. :)

LoveBullies
Matured Bully

Postby LoveBullies » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:15 pm

green machine wrote:wow, your an **hole. im here looking for help. even if that help means helping me keep my dogs .like said thinking about this brings to tears. i am legally obligated to my schedule, it cannot change. Thanks for your kind words :frown:

like I said ridiculous. poor dogs.

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:09 am

green machine wrote:Thanks Julie It feels like I have exhausted all of my possibilities. I cant have anyone come by during the day, I have tried finding someone. And they do need to be crated at night because they get into too much stuff if they are left out.

Have you called dog walking services, they are under 'pet sitting and exercise services' in the yellow pages? I'm not understanding why someone can't come walk the dogs in the middle of the day for you, or why they can't go to a decent doggy day care situation two or three days a week?

The doggy day care we sent Marley too for the time I worked 16 hour days (two full time jobs, for part of the first year we had him) only cost about $20/day (when you paid for a package of 10 days) and the dog aggressive dogs had their own runs and individual people to play with them.

There's lots of options out there :)

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am

I hated the idea of them being outside dogs and I dont currently have a fence up for them. however i do have some farm wire fencing i can put up that is about 4-5 feet high( im not sure if its high enough) I live on a main road so it scares me that they could jump the fence and get into the road while i am away. does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have an area behind your house that is not in the open like perhaps the front? If so you could get a couple of good kennels with tops and lock them as you leave.Any good neighbor around that might pop in here and there and look at the locked kennels and have your cell phone number in case of problems?That could be a solution for a year.Kennels can be expensive but if you get the right kind you'll have them with you forever and the dogs don't get out of them.It is better than being crated all day in a small crate.I'd really consider this option if you live in a fairly safe area. Or, you can proof a couple of rooms in the house so the dogs can roam around a little.I have metal gates in the house so that my dogs aren't crated if I leave and the weather is not good enough for them to stay in the outside kennels.There are probably solutions for you, if you try hard enough. It is not ideal that you are gone for so long but you also have to look at the less of the evil sometime. One year alternating between kennels and being inside is not as bad as other situations.Maybe the option to change your schedule will pop up before a year.

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 am

LoveBullies wrote:Absolutely ridiculous... Talking about pissing me off....... I'll let the regulator's lock this page before I rant about this.... Just remember... My dogs like yours should be like your children... I would never rehome my 2 year old son, because of my work schedule. THEY'RE LIFE TIME COMMITMENTS... Maybe instead of changing your dogs lives, maybe you should change yours. F***ing ridiculous.

PBF Rules:

PBF's primary goal is to educate people about the breed. Therefore we forbid:

* Posting advice angrily. If you cannot post positively, please leave it to those who can.
* Name calling or insulting remarks about other forum members.
* Negative or attacking comments directed at other forum members.

green machine wrote:wow, your an **hole. im here looking for help. even if that help means helping me keep my dogs .like said thinking about this brings to tears. i am legally obligated to my schedule, it cannot change. Thanks for your kind words :frown:

Rescue and Adoptable Dogs section rules:

PBF is a very rescue-friendly forum and we encourage people to use this section to give dogs needing homes exposure. However, we also ask the following rules are respected:

* Please only post dogs that you can vouch for. In other words: please only post about dogs that you have met in person. Please do not cross post dogs you haven't met, or dogs you found while browsing an adoptable pet site, no matter how adorable or cute they are.
* Owner surrender listings are not allowed.
* Negative posts about rescue people or organizations without irrefutable proof may not be posted.
* Do Not Adopt (DNA) lists are not allowed as we have no way of determining their accuracy.

Green Machine, I hope you're able to find a way to keep your dogs. Perhaps Red's ideas can help you. Meanwhile, if you decide to get rid of your dogs, you can't do it by posting here -- it's against the rules.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”