Have you EVA wanted a great dog?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Have you EVA wanted a great dog?

Postby Shanda » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:07 am

This is Eva...her only visible breed is maybe Shar Pei?? but supposedly mum was a pit bull at the shelter.

She is 6 months old, spayed, and sweet as pie. She does not have the prickly coat of a Shar Pei, she is quite soft (maybe the mix is Chow, who knows, I say she's a total hodgepodge). I would she's about 40 lbs now (chubby) and I don't think she'll be very large, more medium to large.

She plays wonderfully with other dog and loves kids as she was raised with a precocious 3 yr old. She has met my cats and just wanted to lick them. She knows basic commands like sit, down, and stay (although with a typically puppy inconsistency).

Her owner adopted her from a shelter as a baby but now has issues with her roommates and fiance not liking the dog, and it seems as if they are pretty cruel to her. The owner will not stand up for the dog or herself and won't make the commitment to working things out, quite frankly. During conversation with her it was noted that she already gave away several other animals since she became pregnant and had her daughter. Eva is another victim of poor judgement. It's all pathetic and sad.

Regardless, the dog is a great pup and deserves a loving and committed home.

Please let me know if you're interested and I can make arrangements for a meet and greet.

APBTmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby APBTmom » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:32 am

She is absolutely precious! :inlove: :inlove:

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 am

i can definately see the pittie in her... shes squishable :) :inlove:

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Akita? I dont 'see pit personally. I do see a meaty pei mouth but chows also have that similar meaty face

Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shanda » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Eva is now in my house as a foster as of a few hours ago (wow what a difference between a puppy and a senior dog! My house is slightly controlled chaos right now, lol) Please feel free to crosspost her with this email addy: pitbullpotluck@mac.com

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm

APBT<3er wrote:i can definately see the pittie in her... shes squishable :) :inlove:
definately squishable!!!! too cute!

Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shanda » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Well, damn, people are weird.

Eva has had four apps on her, one of which never resurfaced after I let her know she left the landlord info blank, one of which is a family trying to have a baby (why the fizzle would you get a puppy when you're trying to have a baby??) and two who were really great fits. Every one saw the same picture that is posted above, btw.

App #1 asked all the right questions and was set to meet Eva tomorrow. App #2 was crestfallen that someone was beating them to the punch to the "cutest dog ever," as he called her. I actually liked #2 more on a personal level (a friend of a friend) but either home seemed equally caring and responsible and had good references so I took who came first.

#1 calls tonight at 11:00 to talk to my voicemail (I don't answer numbers I don't recognize late at night) The voice whined "can you hold her until Tuesday until my husband gets back, he's worried she'll be too funny-looking."

WTF???? :po: :po: :po:

First off all, she never told me her husband was going to be out of town when we scheduled this. She never even mentioned a husband! Second of all, I didn't ask them for a fizzle picture, now did I!?

In a fit of righteous indignation on Eva's behalf ("funny-looking?" how dare they?!) I emailed #2 and said "when would you like to meet this beautiful dog?"

He already emailed me back to ask if he can come tomorrow (he lives 4 hours away). :))

molucass
Forum Junky

Postby molucass » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 pm

I can't believe she was worried her husband would think she was funny looking.....

Good luck with #2! I hope he's a perfect fit for her. :)

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:02 am

molucass wrote:I can't believe she was worried her husband would think she was funny looking.....

Good luck with #2! I hope he's a perfect fit for her. :)

x2! keep us updated!

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Wed May 06, 2009 4:15 pm

any updates?

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”