Baltimore's Chapel of Love (image heavy)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Amie

Baltimore's Chapel of Love (image heavy)

Postby Amie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:24 pm

On Sunday, April 19, a small red pit bull was seen just after being hit or grazed by a car on the corner of Liberty and Wards Chapel Roads in Baltimore MD. It took nearly an hour to chase her down, but she was taken to a vet and treated for relatively minor wounds.

Everyone who met her said she was super sweet, and had the cutest little butt wiggle (did I mention she was a pit bull?) and the vet techs all fell in love with her. Because of where she was found, they've been calling her "Chapel". She's a little odd looking - a little bit short and long, and has bowed legs such as I've commonly seen on basset hounds, so she might be a mix, or maybe a "pure" BYB, since the legs also look a little English Bulldoggy.

She's has one tattered ear, the other is missing an inch or so off the end, scar marks on her muzzle, some of which were stitched back together by an amateur (according to the vet who examined her), legs, and tail (the tail looks like possibly flea or happy tail issues) but is in otherwise good condition - very nice muscle tone and a nice weight at almost exactly 40 pounds.

I spent about half an hour with her today, and by the time I had to leave she was so attached to me they literally had to drag her out of the room. She's very loving and kind, a very gentle mouth (I hand fed her a lot of treats and anytime teeth touched skin she backed off a lot) and is calm (although of course her energy level may change when she's in a permanent home)

Most surprising was that I suspect she's deaf - I asked the vet to test her, and we'll see what the results are. She didn't react to any sounds in the room unless there was movement with them, but she reacted to changes in the air conditioning (which has a vibration) or very loud sounds of things in the hall that also put off vibrations. When she was looking at me, she was so glued to me it was very hard to get pictures of her because she just wanted to be so close to me!

She was also tested with the office cat, a mellow boy to whom she had no reaction. She even let him sniff her lips while taking a treat from me, and she wasn't a fan of that, but didn't even go so far as to lift a lip at him, just a slight eye roll.

I've already fallen pretty madly in love with her, so she needs a very special home! Contact me if you have any interest.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:07 pm

aww she looks and sounds like a sweetie. So are you going to keep her name, Chapel when she moves in with you? :) seen post in misc.

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:08 pm

:oops: lol

No, I don't like the name Chapel, but cannot cannot cannot afford another dog. I've agreed to foster her if nothing else comes up by the time she needs to leave the vet. But I cannot cannot cannot afford another dog.

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:10 pm

My sister has a half bassethound half pitbull and he looks ALOT like her, just shorter. She is a doll, poor girl looks like she was used for a bait or perhaps fight dog. :frown:

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Yeah, you can't really tell her proportions from the pictures, but she's definitely short and long. Which sounds odd. She's not as tall as she should be and she's a little on the long side.

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:27 pm

OMG!!! I am in love!!! :inlove:

This is why I never set foot in this section!! :frown:

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Yeah, she's a sweetie, and everyone who saw her in person kept saying "she's oddly adorable" and "she's so weird looking she's cute!"

At one point I raised my hand to brush hair out of my face and she flinched pretty badly. Less than fifteen seconds later she would take treats from me again, and less than two minutes later there were no signs of an issue, so she'll forgive, but she seems to expect bad treatment.

She's a smart little cookie, though, and by the end of half an hour or so figured out that I wanted her to sit in order to get treats.

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:38 pm

I love that pouty lower lip!! :inlove: Very sweet girl, wishing all the best for her.

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Aww... what a doll. Looks like she's lucky she's ended up in your (and others') loving hands!

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Aw, what a sweet face!!

I hope the right foster/forever home comes along for her soon!

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Oh, that poor little girl. She looks really scared. I'm glad she is with competent people now.

Finnigan
Bully Ambassador

Postby Finnigan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:37 am

Thank you Amie :hug:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 am

Aww, there is something about her that is very touching...

Good Luck, and thanks for helping her.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 am

I hope I get to meet her in person! She's a cute little thing, even if she does have wonky legs and a funny lip!

Poohs Dad
Matured Bully

Postby Poohs Dad » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Amie wrote:At one point I raised my hand to brush hair out of my face and she flinched pretty badly. Less than fifteen seconds later she would take treats from me again, and less than two minutes later there were no signs of an issue, so she'll forgive, but she seems to expect bad treatment.

With the tattered ears and amateur stitch job, I think she is probably justified in assuming the worst when a human raises a hand near her. :sad:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”