Looking for a female pup....

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Looking for a female pup....

Postby dawnapbt » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 am

Well, I have a very nice family who has been into show, working dogs for about 28 years or so. They're old dog just passed away. Anyway, long story short, they are looking for another dog, prefer a young pup, female, and this time they are looking to rescue since they are not really going to be doing the show thing, anymore.

So if you know of a dog in n. California -- a female puppy (an actual puppy is better, and yes they are well aware and prepared for puppy training, but they really enjoy the whole puppy raising, socializing, training experience). Any color is okay except MOSTLY white or piebald.

I've been checking shelters and Petfinder, as have they, and they aren't in a huge rush, but I thought I'd post an FYI here, too.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Re: Looking for a female pup....

Postby Red » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:48 pm

dawnapbt wrote:Any color is okay except MOSTLY white or piebald.

Damn!! lol

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Kaye has a nice selection and one sweet tan/brown dog that just came back.
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OR63.html
She's in Oregon but maybe transport could be arranged, I know of one couple in N. Cali who adopted from her and drove up to The Dalles, OR.

DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby DogNerd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:34 pm

How about this one?

She is in SF. She has a little fracture in her front leg and will be coming into our rescue (Grateful Dogs Rescue) as soon as we get her foster situation set. We will cover her medical needs as far as that leg goes. She has a great personality - very friendly, sociable, happy-go-lucky. She's a good little tugger too and likes to hold toys like the bunny in the pic. Her name is Lulu.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:14 am

Lulu is very cute! And not too white either.

dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby dawnapbt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 am

She is cute!
How old is she?

DogNerd wrote:How about this one?

She is in SF. She has a little fracture in her front leg and will be coming into our rescue (Grateful Dogs Rescue) as soon as we get her foster situation set. We will cover her medical needs as far as that leg goes. She has a great personality - very friendly, sociable, happy-go-lucky. She's a good little tugger too and likes to hold toys like the bunny in the pic. Her name is Lulu.

molucass
Forum Junky

Postby molucass » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:19 pm

The way she's got the bunny in her mouth reminds me of Alize'. She thinks she always has to have something in her mouth..

Lulu is beautiful. :inlove:

DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby DogNerd » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 pm

How old is she?

She's about 4 months. Feel free to email me for more info: turtledog@gmail.com :)

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”