nice little game bitch and Basketball Head: Urgent!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

nice little game bitch and Basketball Head: Urgent!!!

Postby merriterrier » Mon May 11, 2009 9:28 pm

These 2 dogs belong to a complete degenerate (I have to deal with this guy and his Pit Bulls all the time). I had to go out and get the dogs on Thurs since they were being housed on land that did not belong to the owner (the landowner was going to shoot them). The owner had till 5 today to claim them, but he has not. Barring his showing up at 10am they will be euthed tomorrow.

The male is DA, but very nice with people, a total sweetheart. He is huge! I'm guessing 70+lbs. His name is Lucky and he will fight with other dogs. He may be ok with females as long has he is sperataed for feeding. He is very sweet with people.
The female is a little gamebred bitch out of Mexico. According to the douche bag she is heavy Chinaman, but he couldn't elaborate further - so I'm not saying that is a fact. She is very high drive and energetic. She is super submissive with people, but I wouldn't put it past her to rumble with another dog. She seems like she may have been mistreated, but not one ounce of aggression. 2 min after meeting her she let me take a can of food out of her mouth (according to the land owner, and pseudo-confirmed by the lack of either water or food dishes, she had not been fed in at least 5 days). She is pregers and very filthy, possibly wormy, but has put on some weight at the shelter. She is about 8mo, maybe 35ishlbs.

Basketball Head

Little female

Last edited by merriterrier on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

glassJAw
Newborn Bully

Postby glassJAw » Mon May 11, 2009 9:54 pm

awww look at his sad eyes... it kills me :frown:

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:30 pm

awe... I want the basketball head... how cute is he?

glassJAw
Newborn Bully

Postby glassJAw » Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Lucky im not in the US i'd have like 329382908319082093 dogs :))

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:37 am

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: that tan and white bitch..is perfect..I love her Robin, I would snatch her up in a heart beat!!! Oh my god, I am in love..she's perfect, she just needs someone to spit shine her.

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Basketball Head looks like he could be mixed with Dogue de Bordeaux. They both look so sweet.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Nevermind :crybaby:
The owner came and got all 3 at 10:15. As much as I would hate to see them euthed I think it would have been better for the dogs. AND, both bitches are pregnant (the blue bitch is only like 4 and this will be her 8th litter :frown: - I didn't post her b/c she is very unstable and not suitable for placement).

Ugh, I was this close to bringing the little girl home, I guess all things happen for a reason. :sad:

He does look very Bordeaux-esque, his profile even more so. But he is allegedly UKC reg. but that is neither here nor there.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:17 pm

merriterrier wrote:Nevermind :crybaby:
The owner came and got all 3 at 10:15. As much as I would hate to see them euthed I think it would have been better for the dogs. AND, both bitches are pregnant (the blue bitch is only like 4 and this will be her 8th litter :frown: - I didn't post her b/c she is very unstable and not suitable for placement).

Ugh, I was this close to bringing the little girl home, I guess all things happen for a reason. :sad:

He does look very Bordeaux-esque, his profile even more so. But he is allegedly UKC reg. but that is neither here nor there.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: what bullsh*t..that's horrible, dang it!!!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue May 12, 2009 4:25 pm

I hate your job. I'm sorry. :hug:

HAPBTR
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby HAPBTR » Wed May 13, 2009 12:32 am

It's awful sometimes when people claim then and they really were better off without that... :crybaby:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed May 13, 2009 7:46 am

Ilovethepits wrote:I hate your job. I'm sorry. :hug:

me too...
Thanks Michelle! :hug:

Runner
Newborn Bully

Postby Runner » Wed May 13, 2009 8:20 am

This girl is gorgeous, i hope she'll fine...sigh

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am

The shelter has the 3 back again. They were reclaimed and taken to an abandoned house/lot and tied inside. One neighbor was very vocal about not wanting 3 Pit Bulls tied up inside an abandoned home.
The owner is going to court on Wed and is having neglect and abuse charges pressed. Since he is looking at a huge financial loss either way (but less if he pleads guilty on wed and surrenders the dogs), I am thinking we (the shelter) will assume possession of these 3 (there is a blue brindle pregnant female as well).

The hard part: we currently have 11 dogs on police hold (a lot when you consider we have only 25 kennels). When these Pit Bulls are released to us they will be euthed on the same day. The big red male and the blue brindle female got into a pretty nasty fight resulting in tons of punctures around her face neck and on her shoulder. I believe the blue brindle to be touchy and snappy (and hence have not posted pics). After trying to break up the two in a fight I feel that the male will redirect in a fight. It is unfortunate that the staff decided to house those 2 together despite both their owner and I expressing concern for their safety when housed together. Now hope has been destroyed for them. The other powers that be (at the shelter) have been very kind to listen to me so much and go along with my suggestions for Pit Bulls, but such a bad fight will not be overlooked or handled fairly by people who do not understand DA.

I really want to help the small bitch (thank god she wasn't kenneled w/ the other 2), but agreed to take another APBT from an all breed rescue. My foster home has somehow ended up with an influx of ABD's and ABD/APBT's so they have no room. If anyone can help her, I will cover her spay and get her UTD on vaccs.

If anyone can help I would be most appreciative, of course if not I understand.

Brina Baby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Brina Baby » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 am

Can I :bully: the owner?

God that's so sad to hear about Basketball head and the blue bitch. Sigh. I'm not even sure what to feel at this point.

Best of luck with the small bitch. Keep us updated on what happens.

:hug: :hug: I hate your job - but love knowing that there are people strong enough to do it with such love - no matter what they see everyday.

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 am

Brina Baby wrote:Can I :bully: the owner?

God that's so sad to hear about Basketball head and the blue bitch. Sigh. I'm not even sure what to feel at this point.

Best of luck with the small bitch. Keep us updated on what happens.

:hug: :hug: I hate your job - but love knowing that there are people strong enough to do it with such love - no matter what they see everyday.

x2!!!! I hope someone will help you foster the little girl. :pray

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”