nice little game bitch and Basketball Head: Urgent!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Ilovethepits wrote:Good grief - when do you sleep?

I have been asking myself that same question. lol Between my personal dogs, the rescues, and the shelter...
I have averaged less than 4hrs a night for the past 2 weeks... I'm running on empty here. Thank goodness for Morgan! He is a total lifesaver, and helps so much.

After our VP spoke with the city attorney she communicated that due to some negligence on the part of the shelter (re: how we handled the owner and the dogs in the past, and the fact that the ACO didn't show up for the 1st court hearing) the case will probably be dismissed. :( However, he can't afford the boarding fees for all 3 dogs (and the longer he waits to try and raise the funds the more fees add up). There was the option of relinquishing the dog(s) to the shelter now to avoid further fines (and the dog(s) would be euthed the same day) or waiting to go to court. He was willing to go to court for the other 2 (basketball head and the blue brindle bitch) but he decided to sign ownership of the little bitch Sheba over to me (vs the shelter).

Definitely bittersweet...

I have some fencing, but need posts so I can set up an extra run in the back. I guess I'll have to set something up temporarily fast. Sigh... and I was hoping to take a nap today... :tongue:

I long for the day when Pit Bulls are a rare breed and I don't have emergency situations right and left, rather only the occasional Pit Bull who needs rescue. Wouldn't that be nice!

If anyone is interested in this little girl or needs more info pm me or email: merriterrier@animail.net

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Lucky, lucky Sheba.

BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Postby BigBadPibbul » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Hey robin, ya know even though we've got four idiots of our own, we are willing to take on temporary emergency fosters if they need out right now.
Sadly we can't keep anyone for too long but if some time is needed to avoid euth for a great dog, we would be more than happy to be that life line.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:17 am

WOW you are amazing, glad the sweet gal is with you.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Re: nice little game bitch and Basketball Head: Urgent!!!

Postby merriterrier » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:44 pm

The little female is up or adoption. I will start her own thread with pics soon. She is going to need to be in a Pit Bull experienced home. She is a handful, but a fabulous dog!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:51 pm

merriterrier wrote:The little female is up or adoption. I will start her own thread with pics soon. She is going to need to be in a Pit Bull experienced home. She is a handful, but a fabulous dog!

You are the bestest! :thumbsup: I am sending forever home vibes.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Sheba went home today. :)

She is going to live on a 1000+ acre cattle ranch with a very nice (and compatible) N/male Pit Bull/Husky cross and a fabulous mommy and daddy! I think this home will be perfect for her. They are a little older, but have a lifetime of breed experience, and she will get to run along with the horses and help with the cattle. Her new owners have trained several Pit Bulls to help with the cattle work, and she showed great aptitude when he gave her a little go round (though they'll love her whether or not she works). They were so cute when they came to pick her up and strapped her into her seat belt in the back seat with a dog bed. We are welcome to visit anytime and go for a horseback ride. Hurray! I'm glad this ended so well for this little princess.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 pm

:headbang: sounds fabulous!!!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 am

Woot Woot!! :bowdown:

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:11 am

That is so awesome!

HollyJoy
Super Bully

Postby HollyJoy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 pm

merriterrier wrote:have trained several Pit Bulls to help with the cattle work

Oh wow, just what a little spitfire needs. Dogs do so well when they have jobs. Good for little Sheba. Sounds like she got a rare chance at a great home.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”