Hippo anyone

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Hippo anyone

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Anyone looking for an American Bully? Pulled this superbully today, he's a real toad right now. He's 75 lbs but not much more than knee high and could stand to loose about 10 lbs and get some toning up. He's a slobbery dork, good with dogs of all sizes, loves water (and getting a bath), crates well and so easy to manipulate - you can yank, pull, poke and get no reaction but licks and slobber. His biggest issue - cats. He's a no way, no how unless you want to sacrifice to the dog gods. He can not tolerate a cat. He can be managed on leash around a caged cat but he is very focused with his stare.

love-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Re: Hippo anyone

Postby love-a-bull » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 am

OMG ship him to san francisco STAT!!! Lol, Ive got a doggy crush!

Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Kirstan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:56 am

Cute! FAT!!!

I hope he finds an awesome home!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:50 pm

He IS fat, but you know, I've looked at a lot of American Bully websites and doesn't it seem in general that those dogs are just kept so ungodly obese? It's a true shame and he was really suffering with the heat yesterday - fat and out of shape is the worst in 90+ heat

I know he needs to lose about 10 lbs and then tone up some muscle. I wonder though, when his body is in shape - how will his fat head look?

love-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Postby love-a-bull » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:58 pm

He'll look like a little bobble-head!

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Is his name "Widescreen?" roflmao
He's really cute anyways, even if he is a toad.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:10 am

He's cute but god does it look like he has short little legs. Very smushable though!

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 am

Amy,

Do you do out of state adoptions? My mother lost her Petey a few months ago to epilepsy and she's looking for another mush to love on. She has a senior female, Petey's sister. She does not work and is home all day and really misses the company of her boy.

She's coming down here to Wilmington Labor Day weekend. If you do adopt out of state and a home visit could be arranged beforehand, maybe we could take a drive to meet Hippo boy if he's still available. Let me know...

stefaniej
Adolescent Bully

Postby stefaniej » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:56 pm

How does he do with females?
He is just sooooo cute!!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:13 pm

We do out of state adoptions, he is in VA. Despite the fat low riding physique, he is still a lot of dog. Depending on your mother's skill level and strength, I might recommend a different dog. He's young, bullheaded, not very bright and needs an obedience class. He is very sweet but he is very very strong. and a very big boy.

He is good with other dogs. But he is also very young. I can't guarantee that he'll be so dog friendly in 2 years. He is not cat friendly and his cat intensity is pretty strong for such a young dog. I wonder if his owner (who is in jail) encouraged negative behaviors. He does not seem prey driven and his cat aggression is only towards cats - not small dogs.

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:16 pm

He almost reminds me of my Foster Luigi. LOL! I love big Lug heads like this!

LoveBullies
Matured Bully

Postby LoveBullies » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:58 pm

OK so I'll be in TN on September 4th, 2009; let me drop the family and I'll shoot over to VA, and pick this big lug of love up.. HE IS SOOOOO CUUUTTTEEEEE!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Oh my, he is a handsome boy. Why is it that all these great dogs are so far away from me? He is gorgeous.

LoveBullies
Matured Bully

Postby LoveBullies » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 am

Any update on Hippo? He's soooo handsome!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:24 pm

He's still available. Some inquiries but nothing quality or tangible. Apartment dwellers, or same sex placements or want a dog friendly companion for another dog, absolutely no-one with breed experience. He's not a hard dog but he's untrained and a lot of dog. In a few years he's going to be a couch potato but he's just a teenager right now and he needs structure, training and exercise. He's dog friendly but he's young and while right now he's happy to let another dog take the alpha role, he may not always. He doesn't have a very athletic body style but he would have sheer mass and girth to deal with if there ever was a problem.

I want someone to want HIM, want to train him and have him as their pet. So many people have written because he's "cool lookin". I mean, someone wrote me today who has a 35 lbs weight limit at her apartment - OK, 75lb pit bull, how did they think that's going to go over? :huh?: She said she originally wanted a small dog but he's so pretty

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”