Emergency Situation in Portland, OR

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
BlueMountainBullies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Emergency Situation in Portland, OR

Postby BlueMountainBullies » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 pm

If this is in the wrong section I appologize ahead of time, I'm just super swamped and can't think straight right now.

Does anyone have room to watch a fairly easy going dog?? Or know anyone who might be interested in watching a dog temporarily? A friend of mine lost her house and is living on the streets with her dog. He is PR UKC, red and white (with black nose). He is a very gentle, dog friendly, people friendly, cat friendly, kid friendly pit bull that is about 80 pounds. She will not give him up, which is why she is living on the streets, none of the shelters will allow him in. She will provide food, he is up to date on shots, is healthy and licensed. I asked her if she thought she had an eye on any place, and she thinks she will be settled in about 3 weeks.

I would totally take this dog in, but, I am workin 35 hours a week, going to school 25 hours a week and just can't handle another dog right now. I am picking Chopper up in the morning (Wednesday) and taking him to school with me (I am in school to be a vet tech). There are a couple people in my school who are going to talk to their landlords tonight, in regards to the situation and see if they can get special permission as a temporary basis, even if it's just a couple days, it gives us time to find someone who can watch him on a longer term basis. Also, if someone is able to watch him, and they need to go on vaction or need a break or whatever, we would be able to have people available to take him for a couple days at a time.

If anyone has any other dieas for us please let me know!!

If anyone can open their home to another dog right now please plase please get in touch with me!!!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Re: Emergency Situation in Portland, OR

Postby Maryellen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:49 pm

can your friend and dog stay with you for a bit?

BlueMountainBullies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby BlueMountainBullies » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 pm

I am in the process of buying a house, but currently live with my parents and grandmother. We have three bedrooms and 6 adults. There is just no room for her at the moment. That was our first option though. If my house would hurry up and close we would be ok, but it's a short sale, so we have no idea how much longer it will be.

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:44 pm

How long is a lil while? And Im in NY.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:41 pm

If he's not neutered I could see that being a problem if he's shuffled around into foster homes...?

BlueMountainBullies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby BlueMountainBullies » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 pm

I am unsure about whether he is neutered or not. I haven't been arond him in several years. There will be lots of care into who he goes to stay with and will not be staying with anyone who is irresponsible whether he is or he isn't. She would rather live on the streets with him then to have him go around to just anyone. Which is why I am trying to see just what is available out there for this guy.

BlueMountainBullies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby BlueMountainBullies » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks to fellow PBF member lilo aka Vicki - Chopper has found a temproary foster home! She had a tenant who wants to get a pit bull in the near future and she thought this would be a great experience for them. I just got back from taking him out to Beaverton. Chopper took right to them and walked around the house and backyard as if he had been there 100 times! It was a match made in heaven!!

Thanks to everyone who sent me advice and ideas. Without people who are willing to help others out, I don't know what this world would come to.

Now Jennifer (Choppers mommy) can concentrate on getting herself and children back in order without having to worry about her beloved doggie.

Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Hiya BMB-

Give yourself a BIG pat on your back and a hug :bowdown: :nana: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

You did good in helping Chopper :clap Now Jennifer has one thing less to worry about.

I'll be crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that all ends well for all of them :pray

:peace:
E

ps. good luck to the Blue Crew this weekend, and give the Snoop a blunt for me (j/k)

BlueMountainBullies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby BlueMountainBullies » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks Marv! Jennifer is able to concentrate on getting back on her feet and knowing her baby is 'safe' than to worry about whether he will be kicked out of er friends house and where will they go next. I'm just glad she was able to get ahold of me!!

Thansk for the good luck wishes LOL, I am very excited and can't wait for tomorrow to come soon enough! Koda twisted his knee, so no show for him :crybaby:

Liz

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”