Little Dog Overload..want one?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
violet
Addicted to PBF

Little Dog Overload..want one?

Postby violet » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 pm

So..I got whined and wheedled into finding foster space for a few dogs since a particular shelter apparently has an overabundance, and despite adoption fees being only ten bucks, they are euthinizing 70% of the dogs. Soo...DRAW took 5 new dogs. First the chiahuhuas. Black and white is Chipper, he is about 5 years old. VERY sweet and positively adorable and a whopping 4.5 pounds. Chipper does walk funny due to what seems to be either a genetic defect OR possibly from being overconfined prior to landing in the shelter. His femur in both back legs is actually curved so he walks with his legs tucked under him and on his toes. It's bizarre to see. But the vet is certain it causes him no pain. He is VERY VERY sweet and cuddle. he just wants to be loved.
Next is Rico..he wore a diamond..oh wait.....THIS Rico wears spikes! And is darned cute. At a whopping 4 pounds he is a cuddly snuggly little bundle of lovin! Right at a year old and ready for romance. Rico likes other dogs and does ok with cats. He adores all humans. Comes when called. impossible to get pictures of because he rarely holds still!!
Now JRT mix Sarah. If you are looking for an energetic pal..she could be the one. She is all JRT about life. Has a serious go get em attitude but sweet as pie to go with it. She is VERY cute as well. All of which adds up to a great little dog. 2 years old and 12 pounds. Super cute, super fun and super smart. Loves to play like a wild child with other dogs.
Last edited by violet on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msvette2u

Re: Little Dog Overload..want one?

Postby msvette2u » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Aww there's Summer-girl!! Thanks again for taking her in Violet, I'd have made room to get her back, but she'll find a home quicker over there, I know :)

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:03 pm

She actually has a very serious potential adopter. So..cross everything. I have enjoyed the hell out of her these last few weeks but she needs her own home.

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Uhoh...you DO know we' are looking for a little guy to add to our family, don't you? I will show these boys to DH and see if anything catches his eye. How are they with other dogs? Housebroken? PLEASE tell me they don't mark in the house? DH will NOT want that (me either). I have only had bitches, so a boy is new territory in our house. Andddd....Tacoma isn't that far from us!

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Chipper and Rico are calling me! "Come to Washington. Meet us. Love us. Take one of us home!"

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Loribl wrote:Chipper and Rico are calling me! "Come to Washington. Meet us. Love us. Take one of us home!"

I totally agree..applications can be found at http://drawrescue.webs.com/adoptabledogs.htm *grin*

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 am

I forgot--how about cats? Both of my cats are bigger than these two, but I want to make sure they don't get harassed too much until the new guy settles in!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 am

Sorry..got excited and missed your questions.

They are doing some marking which is OT surprizing at my house at all. They also are not yet neutered (appointments this week for all) So far, good with non rude dogs. but I had a whole lotta testosterone going on here earlier and everyone was snarky with each other. once they got taken individually, they were tons better. Showed interest in playing. but still a bit in shock after the chaos of their last couple of weeks. (shelter, to stranger to long long ride to another stranger)

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 am

They were tested with cats at the shelter. Will be testing further here once they settle in. All of them passed the cat test at the shelter.

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:19 am

How much is the adoption fee? I know they have to be neutered, so it must be more then the original $10.00 you posted.

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 am

Chipper is 150 and Rico is 200. They have already been wormed, rabies, chipped, heartworm tested, and had general health workups. All thats left is the neuters.

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 am

Is Sarah really the tan girl in the pic? I don't see JRT in her. Not that it matters because she's darned cute!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 am

lol she looks more like a chi doesnt she? Im not sure what she is. My foster homes teased me that I have doxie on teh brain when i said maybe she was a chiweenie. Shes got a long body. Shes a super little dog.

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 am

i meant, she doesnt look like a JRT. thats how teh shelter labelled her. Who knows really.

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 am

I DO have kids, but they are 16 and 17, so I doubt they would be a problem for little dogs. They are good boys and get along well with all sorts of animals. Also, as you well know (from posts on here) that Gypsy loves other dogs and gets along with pretty much everybody. She is VERY careful with small dogs and puppies.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”