Cocoa is **Adopted**!!!For GOOD this time..congrats Zoe!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Cocoa is **Adopted**!!!For GOOD this time..congrats Zoe!!

Postby violet » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:02 pm

This is Cocoa. Cocoa is a 3 year old REALLY nice dog. I have been working with her family for several months helping them keep her..but the axe fell this week and it is just no longer possible. It's give her up or be homeless. Both husband and wife have serious medical conditions AND are responsible for a newborn Grandson. They have really gone the extra mile to keep her but no matter what they have done, one more thing goes wrong. You guys know I do not advocate owner surrenders, but in this case..I really want to help them help her.

Cocoa is a super sweet dog with excellent manners. She has amazing toy drive without being annoying. And happily settles in for a snuggle when the toys are put away. She is in great shape, seriously an athelete. Would probably make a great choice for obedience, agility or even weight pull. She is not overlarge, probably somewhere around 50 pounds. And despite being a blue fawn, she is not overdone at all. She is just an all around great dog. We are courtesy listing her and should I find space, I am probably going to pull her into foster. She is worth it. And this is one of those truly rare occaions when so do the owners. They have all been through hell. And the last thing they needs is for their dog to die because of it.

cat friendly, kid friendly, knows basic commands, housebroken..and stunning. Who could ask for anything more?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by violet on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Re: Cocoa is looking for a safe landing, WA state

Postby Libby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:53 pm

She is beautiful. I hope something great comes along for her.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 pm

oh my, she is gorgeous!!! her smile reminds me of Newman. :)) Do you think Newmans owners would want a sister for him? lol She sounds like the perfect dog!
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:21 am

lol it actually crossed my mind to contact them. But I think Newman deserves to be an only child. She really is a complete doll. IM leaning towards trying to get all teh small dogs in DRAW the heck out of here and bringing her here. Anyone wanna do some sponsoring so I can make it happen?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby APBTmom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 am

Absolutely Stunning gal! :inlove: :inlove:
APBTmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 pm

She's beautiful, hope something works out for her.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby violet » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:12 pm

me too..it is so rare that I feel compelled to help people in this situation. but she and they are so worthy.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Violet, what is sponsoring?
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Well..we can always use sposorships of either finacial assistance OR by way of supplies. It makes it possible for us to do more. Im the one funding all but two of the dogs currently being housed by DRAW foster homes and adoptions are slow..so..we simply cant do more. Or should I say I cant do more. You can send a donation to sponsor a specific dog or just for teh general rescue fund.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:49 am

V-

I may be able to help with her in a week or so. I'm going to be watching another friends Pit, who can be a little DA, next week. My house will be full!

Let me know-
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 am

Oh Aaron..i already love you forever but if you could make room for a bit..id love ya even more! (plus it would be a great excuse to see you!) I will keep you posted!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kirstan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 pm

We will help with costs. We can't stash for very long - it's just not fair to them with our insane hours but we're grateful to have jobs and will certainly help with expenses.

~k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby violet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Cocoa only needs a chip thank goodness. Im just playing catch up with a bunch of little dogs so adding to the stack of spays and neuters woud be problematic. So..if you guys chipped in..i can definately find a stash place. I should be down by at least two dogs by the weekend. Cross everything that all goes according to my evil plan. Bwahahaha..ok..not really..cross your fingers adoptions go through.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kirstan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am

We'll cover the puppy's expenses and food. IF you need the chip covered for Cocoa, we'll do it. If the Cattle Dog/X gets his new place, the new pup will definitely have a foster (potential adoptive) home. Hmmm... little dogs. Not sure, but certainly will post flyers up this way (Seattle way) at pet supply stores... Belltown Feed, Mud Bay, All the Best, Bark, Railey's.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby aaron kahn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 am

violet wrote:Oh Aaron..i already love you forever but if you could make room for a bit..id love ya even more! (plus it would be a great excuse to see you!) I will keep you posted!

sounds good- lemme know...
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs