Cocoa is **Adopted**!!!For GOOD this time..congrats Zoe!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Cocoa is looking for a safe landing, WA state

Postby violet » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:22 pm

We sti;; haven't found an option for Cocoa..so, Aaron..if you are still possibly willing? She really needs to be moved.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kirstan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:35 pm

I have a few potentials for the baby - Farley. I have him now - LOVELY puppy. Tulip got here and they will go play for a while and Tulip will start her new life with Stacey on the farm!

Farley is one nice pup. Easy. Violet, any chance you can foster him if I sponsor him and, of course, get all leads to you?

Let me know - he may have a foster but I'm not sure so want to cover bases instead of having him hang all day at home where he'll not be getting what he needs.

~k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby violet » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 am

hey Kirstan, I will give you a call tomorrow. My son in law dep[loyed today and I was up all night last night so..kind of died today. Im doing some dog shuffling this week to get fosters out of here so..we should be able to work something out!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 am

V- I have been off the computer and out of town since Friday- just rode my bicycle 160+ miles to help fight Multiple Sclerosis! I am still able to offer temporary shelter for a gal in need. If she fits in well... who knows (though not permanent!) how long I can foster.

Call or PM me-

Aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby BamBam » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:02 pm

She's beautiful
BamBam
Newborn Bully

Postby violet » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Aaron is taking Cocoa in on Sunday. THANK YOU AARON!! And Thank you Karla for taking her up to him!!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 am

Coco has landed, and is doing fine so far. Sleeping in her crate right now, same room as my two, no issues. She tried to get old man Bunker to play earlier (she was on leash), but he just ignored her... so far her & Luna are doing fine- I've let them sniff each other, walk around together, with her on leash. She also ignored the neighbors barking beagles.

After a lifetime of kibble, it didn't take her long to figure out what to do with a few raw chicken necks!

She will be a great pet for a lucky household. Sorry I'm too lazy to remember how to post pics...
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Red » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:53 am

Big thumb up for Aaron. :thumbsup:
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby karladaune » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 am

Red wrote:Big thumb up for Aaron. :thumbsup:

X2!

Thank you, Aaron!
karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks for the two thumbs...

She slept all night, no waking me, in a bedroom crate. Walked around the yard, on leash, tried to get Bunker & Luna to play, ate her chicken necks- now she is chillin'.

CoCo (slightly better name) and Luna got into a little snarl fest this morning (monitored), and neither of them were looking for blood- but neither of them were stepping back either. They want to play, but I'll take it slow!

She is a buff little girl, very pretty, with some energy- but able to lay around as well.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:45 am

totally happy to hear she is accepting the crate and not being a moaning myrtle...I was kinda concerned about that yesterday!
karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 pm

I had told Aaron that her owner actually took her to a doggy daycare frequently. And she was crated there at times. She was also allowed a lot of free play with other dogs. So she has been VERY well doggy socialized. While, of course, I cringe at the idea of doggy daycare, it is kind of nice to know she has had that kind of socialization.

Aaron, if you get pics, you can send them to me OR just post them on facebook and I will steal them from there! I got good ones of ehr but I think doggys in the house make better adoption pics! lol
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:38 am

She resisted the first two time I put her in her crate- trying to jump on top of the crate, or on me. She has settled down a little, and will now get inside with a little coaxing- then she lays right down.

She likes to play ball, and has a great fetch! We played for about 10 minutes this afternoon, then she drank a LOT of water! No accidents either... So far, she is pretty easy. It is still work compared to two known critters that don't need leash company in the back yard!

I will get some better pics now that she's not looking so concerned.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:27 pm

HUGE HUGE thanks yous to Aaron not only for temp fostering Cocoa, now known as Katie, but for taking teh reins in planning out her transport to her NEW HOME today!!! Congrats to Katie and seriously..Aaron..you are fabulous!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:37 pm

violet wrote:HUGE HUGE thanks yous to Aaron not only for temp fostering Cocoa, now known as Katie, but for taking teh reins in planning out her transport to her NEW HOME today!!! Congrats to Katie and seriously..Aaron..you are fabulous!

Yaaaay! That's so wonderful, she has a new home! :nana:
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs