MD: Meet Bean (Tripod Pup)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

MD: Meet Bean (Tripod Pup)

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:10 pm

First let me say, I am sorry I haven't had much time to devote to PBF but I could not resist posting my latest foster. It is a long and complicated situation but he is safe with rescue now. He was abandoned at a veterinary hospital in Maryland. His baby pic was at 8 weeks before they took his paw off. They removed his foot up to the ankle area and then he had another surgery that removed his leg to the hip. (Please understand I had no say in the surgeries; they made it clear to me he was not leaving the hospital without the second surgery. I have received a lot of flack that I did not do enough to stop the surgery. If you have concerns call the hospital their info is on my blog.)Image

Meet Mr. Bean. Bean is all of 12lbs at 4 months old. He is a tiny little guy but full of spunk. Having three legs has not slowed him down one bit. (oh Gooeydog where are you?) Bean has been with us one week in foster care. He has a puppy foster so play with named Bella. They play great together, he is a very mellow little guy. Now that he has been here a week, he is getting a little more pushy with the cat so I have been keeping my eye on that. He came to us totally flat footed on all fours.. errr.. all three feet. I am already seeing a difference after giving him some regular excerise and good grub. He is going up stairs already too. (not by my choice!) We haven't let him come down them yet. I have tons of pics and video I just haven't had time to upload everything so please check my blog for updates.Image
If anyone is fortunate enough to be able to contribute financially in this ecomony I welcome the donations but more importantly I would rather you just pass my blog around so that I can find that forever home for him! I want to keep him within 3 hours of Baltimore if possible.

Unfortunately this vet did not neuter him while he was out....so he will have a third surgery for that. Poor little guy. I will keep you posted on his progress and it may take me awhile but I will update you! :)
Check Bean out on my blog: http://www.ebbrr.blogspot.com

I had a yard sale last weekend and I am going to have one this weekend to help raise money for his continued care. I have four Pre-Apps on him now. I think he is going to be a great breed ambassador, only time will tell but I think its history in the making. :)Image

Enjoy the pics!
Michelle McDonald
guardianambull@aol.com
Ethical Bull Breed Rescue and Referral
http://www.ebbrr.org
Last edited by GuardianAMBULL on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: MD: Meet Bean (Tripod Pup)

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 pm

He won't even miss that back leg. It's not like a front leg where they carry most of their weight, he will do just fine. He's a cute little stinker.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Yeh we have had a few dogs here go thru surgery and they do just fine, the back leg like your foster puppy, he's adorable.
If the vet felt it was the right thing to do, I don't get why someone would give you flack!

GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:He won't even miss that back leg. It's not like a front leg where they carry most of their weight, he will do just fine. He's a cute little stinker.

You are right he dosen't miss it one bit. I forgot to mention he was in a small kennel for 2 months so he really needs to get some muscle to him but he is adorable.

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 pm

What a heart breaker :inlove: Good luck finding him a perfect home!

GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

videoRe: MD: Meet Bean (Tripod Pup)

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Here are some videos of Bean.

Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Just saw him on Petfinder and couldn't believe that face. He's adorable, good job and I wish him luck

love-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Postby love-a-bull » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:15 pm

oh my DOG!!!!! I'm in love, put him on a plane to SF stat!!!! We were very fortunate to have gotten so much help for our little parvo puppy who didnt make it, I figure its past time to pay it forward. Hope you get lots and lots of donations for this oh-so-deserving little boy!

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 am

I just met Bean yesterday, and a sweeter, friendlier, more low-key little guy could not be imagined. He gets around just fine, he's cute as can be, he was assaulted by a child of about 2 years old who he'd never met, and he was unphased and a complete gentleman with her.

This is a really nice little pup!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:49 pm

aww Michelle he is soooo cute :inlove:
i hope he will be around for a couple more weeks, want to meet him in person?

APBTFanatic
Newborn Bully

Postby APBTFanatic » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:47 pm

he is too cute. im in the md myself. he looks like he is doing just fine!

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:19 am

ekkk

i want him..lol

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”