Patty, my foster girl :) Wilmington, NC

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ladyred
Newborn Bully

Patty, my foster girl :) Wilmington, NC

Postby ladyred » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:10 am

I have had Patty since the end of May. Her story is at the link below. I am reluctant to part with her, as I have fallen in love with her, but she deserves to be the center of someone's world, and is too much for my three senior pups. She is a WONDERFUL dog, a diamond in the rough. She was on crate rest with heartworm for three months, so she's got A LOT of energy. And I am not kidding. She needs someone very active, so she can expend her boundless energy.

She is working on basic obedience and is a diamond in the rough. I have listed Pat's email address with the humane society, but please feel free to contact me at displaced.nyer@gmail.com if you are interested in her. She's been with me for 4 months, so I can answer any questions anyone has on her. I want her to have the perfect home, with someone who will spend time with her, so she can shine! Patty is located in Wilmington, NC.

Patty - 2-3 yr. old, female, blue American Staffordshire Terrier.

Patty was heartworm positive, but has been treated and spayed. She is house-trained, crate trained and is working on her basic obedience. She is working on "sit", "down", "paw", and "touch", and is mastering "stay". She has improved dramatically on leash. Patty needs to be crated when you are not at home to avoid mishaps until you teach her and she knows the rules of your house, and to avoid any issues if you have other dogs. Small children are not recommended, as she may knock them over. Patty gets along well with my male dogs, but should not live with another female. A meet and greet with your male would be required. She has not been evaluated with cats, but I would not recommend a home with cats due to the breed's prey drive. Personal and vet references and a home check will also be required. Homeowner with 6 foot fenced yard preferred. Adopter must commit to continuing Patty's monthly heartworm preventative. I encourage you to read Patty's story below before applying to adopt her (http://portcitygirl.vox.com). It provides further details on how she came to be my foster dog, what she's been through, and her personality. If you are interested in meeting Patty, please contact Pat Lambert at the Columbus Humane Society at lambertpat54@yahoo.com, and she can set up a meeting with you, your male pet (if you have one), Patty and myself. C.H.S's adoption fee and contract applies.

tarnation
Newborn Bully

Re: Patty, my foster girl :) Wilmington, NC

Postby tarnation » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Good luck with her! She is a cutie and I'm glad you're holding out for a really good owner. Sounds like you've done a great job preparing her for adoption.

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks!

Patty really is a sweetheart. She's having to learn what it's like to live in a house. She was on crate rest for over three months due to the heartworm, and now I am trying to get her acclimated on how to behave in the house. She's coming along really well. I think whoever had her just chained her in a yard. Everything is new to her. She loves toys, she absolutely loves playing in the yard, and she's coming along with her manners. I really think she'd be the perfect dog for someone who wants a constant buddy. She loves to be with people, and she makes me laugh with her antics all of the time! She is definitely worth it!

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 am

I had the boys out with Patty today and thought I would post up new pics. Patty is up for adoption. She is being fostered by my husband and I in Wilmington, NC. Her details are at http://portcitygirl.vox.com.

Daphnesmom
Matured Bully

Postby Daphnesmom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pm

I just had to say your photographs are stunning...what a good job you are doing marketing that gorgeous creature.

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Thank you Daphnesmom.:)

I've been doing everything I can to get this girl some exposure. She's in our local PawPrints, she's listed on the blog, at other pb sites, and not one bite. I draw the line at craigslist. That's how she wound up with me in the first place.

Please keep your fingers crossed for this sweet lady. She deserves a wonderful person or family to love her!

Daphnesmom
Matured Bully

Postby Daphnesmom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:22 am

Craigslist is full of strange people, but don't rule it out entirely, I have been pretty successful finding great homes for several dogs that way, pit bull and non-pit bull. Remember how many people on this forum look at it, granted just to see how bad things are but you never know when that right person will see it. My latest foster is on a trial adoption with a great home who was forwarded my ad. I just get really picky screening emails before I even get to the point of the home check.

If you do try it, create your ad with pictures in powerpoint first, copy and paste it in Paint, and save it as a jpg and load it in photobucket. Then for the image code, click on more and use the link where it says Having trouble, use this link...that's what you can paste in craigslist and you will have a nice, big formatted professional looking ad....like this
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/1452372208.html

just a thought, she's so pretty....

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”