Wishful Thinking (Pit bull/mix)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Wishful Thinking (Pit bull/mix)

Postby Libby » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:05 pm

So, some of you have seen my thread in general about the stray I have in my outdoor kennel tonight.
I'm wondering, if I can figure out a way to have him vetted, if there are any rescues even slightly close to me who would be willing to take him on. I'm driving to Dolores, Colorado either the 29th of this month, or the 5th of November, so if any rescues are close to that area, I'm willing to meet somewhere around there, too.

I'm located in Gallup, New Mexico though, and I'm willing to do part of a transport.

I can't keep him here to find a home. I can't afford another dog, and I don't have the space either. However, if a rescue has an opening and will take him, I can keep him here for a little while.

Here's some pictures of the melon head.

He is also unaltered, but if he has somewhere to go, that is something I might be able to take care of here, as well.

I know this is probably just wishful thinking, but I really, really believe this dog deserves a chance.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Re: Wishful Thinking (Pit bull/mix)

Postby Red » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Ketra, is space the main issue there? If some of us help you with vet care funding, food and what you might need is it completely out of the question for you to manage to house him for a while?

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 am

The main issue is funds. The kennel and dog house are always empty, so he is welcome to that for as long as necessary. He'd have to stay in there during the day, but I have a crate he could sleep in at night.

He is not happy about other dogs. He saw my mom's shepherd from a distance and it set him off snarling, but that could also be related to his situation and not necessarily aggression itself. My dad said he didn't make a sound when he brought him to the kennel, and all three of his mini Dashchunds were running around.

If there is a way to figure out how to cover his vet costs, I can cover food (wont be the best, but its better than none) and shelter until a better situation is found. My main concern is his health. He can't remain untreated, I just got back in from checking on him for the last time tonight and his poor face is even more swollen--he can't even open his right eye.

My parent's said they would help with vet bills, but I'm thinking his bill might come to several hundred dollars. He is very sick. I'm going to call the vet clinics tomorrow and see if they can give me an estimate on cost.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:47 pm

I PM'd you.

Also, contact CO Pit Bull Rescue: adopt@coloradopitbullrescue.com and Mariah's Promise: http://www.mariahspromise.com/contact.html , and Dreampower: DogAdoption@Dreampower.org. If one of them can take him I'd be happy to help with transport.

Good Luck!

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I just read his other post. I wish that poor pup the best of luck.

BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Postby BigBadPibbul » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:52 am

merriterrier wrote:I PM'd you.

Also, contact CO Pit Bull Rescue: adopt@coloradopitbullrescue.com and Mariah's Promise: http://www.mariahspromise.com/contact.html , and Dreampower: DogAdoption@Dreampower.org. If one of them can take him I'd be happy to help with transport.

Good Luck!

X2 on mariah's promise! It's an excellent rescue group and they are very picky about who adopts their dogs.

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Thank you Robin! I will probably start sending e-mails out next week, after he is healed up some!

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm happy to help transport as well (as long as it's not snowing! 8l ).

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”