A013740, Wichita KS

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Red
Addicted to PBF

A013740, Wichita KS

Postby Red » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 pm

The story here:
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127111&start=0

Despite the less than helpful comment about people who want to actually help the dog doing something about the situation the fact is that some proof of ownership or previous care would be required to pull this dog since the shelter in question does not adopt pit bulls or pit bull mixes out. I wonder if maybe a rescue or person affiliated with a rescue in the area has worked with that shelter and they are able to figure something out. I have spoken to shelter staff about this dog and I could call again and ask if they are willing to release him to a rescue but if that is a possibility the dog needs a real place where to go. He has been there twelve days already so he does not have much time left. I checked tonight and he is still on their website but sometime shelters do not immediately take down information on dogs that are euthanized. Is there maybe a rescue that a member is familiar with, in the area, that I could contact? If so please let me know.

This is the dog:

4her
Matured Bully

Re: A013740, Wichita KS

Postby 4her » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 pm

all that drama and NOBODY has stepped to the plate. :sad:

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 pm

http://www.mabbr.org is the only rescue I could find and it looks like they are plenty busy, but maybe if someone actually contacted them? I don't know.

And my bad thought? Someone photoshop that photo and make it a grainy cell phone shot as proof of previous ownership.

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Or get AmysMom to email you a picture to print out.

Poor dog. Thousands and thousands of dogs, failed by their breeders and then a long chain of owners, and then ultimately dying in shelters, each and every day. I've had to PTS two foster dogs, and it was awful and hard, but it was never a thought to drop them back off at the shelter where I had originally met them.

Thank you Red for trying to help this guy.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 pm

heartbullies wrote:Or get AmysMom to email you a picture to print out.

Poor dog. Thousands and thousands of dogs, failed by their breeders and then a long chain of owners, and then ultimately dying in shelters, each and every day. I've had to PTS two foster dogs, and it was awful and hard, but it was never a thought to drop them back off at the shelter where I had originally met them.

Thank you Red for trying to help this guy.

x2 and not a bad idea.. I really do wish I was over there, I'd try and hold him until further arrangements could be made. :-/ grrr I don't think I even know a soul in KS

love_gingers
Newborn Bully

Postby love_gingers » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Which specific shelter is he at? (you can PM if you don't want to publicize it) I couldn't find him on Petharbor site, it said ID not found.
One of my good friends has close connections to MABBR. I can see what she can do.
I'm a lurker, don't really post, but I read the whole thread in General and want to help this poor dog

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 pm

love_gingers wrote:Which specific shelter is he at? (you can PM if you don't want to publicize it) I couldn't find him on Petharbor site, it said ID not found.
One of my good friends has close connections to MABBR. I can see what she can do.

Thank you. He is at the Wichita shelter, Wichita (KS), if he is still alive. As today his info is still on the website. Phone number is (316) 838-9623
Through Petharbor you have to pull the shelter you want to look into and then enter the ID number. Took me a moment to figure that out as well.I will send you a PM with the facility address as well, in case you need to know it.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:31 am

I hope he can get help
I tried Red, but no one knows anyone in that area

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 pm

While I can't take him to my home (little dogs here), if there was a way to get him to CO (I could probably meet at the Kansas/CO border) we could take him at my shelter. If anyone can figure out how to get him to me PM me, I have next week off and could drive out there almost any time. A road trip would be nice. :)

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 pm

sorry for the DP. Should have mentioned that my shelter is very Pit Bull friendly, and as long as he is temperamentally sound with humans he won't be euthed.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks a lot Merriterrier. That is definitely a better option for the dog.I don't know anyone in person who lives in that area and I am not sure there are members close or I could try to send them a PM.I am hoping that someone sees this , especially now that there is a better place for him to go to and want to help. Unfortunately not many visit the rescue part of the forum.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm nowhere near the area.

Thanks for trying to help him Red. It is so sad when you see dogs that have been let down time and time again :crybaby:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:55 pm

I was watching Rescue Ink last nght and they mentond the name of a pilot organization that felw two of the Ink members to pick up a dog in need of help/rescueing in Kentucky.
Maybe contact Rescue Ink and see if they can hook you up to get this dog a lift/flight???

creeping death
Bully Ambassador

Postby creeping death » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:21 pm

4her wrote:all that drama and NOBODY has stepped to the plate. :sad:

I have offered to help with funds, that is the best I can do at this moment as I do not live in USA, so helping with transport is out the question...and please don't say something like that if YOU'RE not going to help either :sad:

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:04 pm

pblove wrote:I was watching Rescue Ink last nght and they mentond the name of a pilot organization that felw two of the Ink members to pick up a dog in need of help/rescueing in Kentucky.
Maybe contact Rescue Ink and see if they can hook you up to get this dog a lift/flight???

Animal rescue flights

http://www.animalrescueflights.org/

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”