Tivoli

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Tivoli

Postby rambler72 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Kirstan: apparently he is not good with cats. I screwed that one up. DANG it!! I am actually going to talk with the shelter and find out if they don't want him with cats or dogs because he is special needs. I am hoping they are just being overly cautious.

I will give you all more information and hopefully some pictures after this weekend. I may go tomorrow evening before they close.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Kirstan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:40 pm

TEST him, test him, test him with everyone (animal) you can. I don't care if he's good with cats, that's just my only open foster right now - not that we can't find another and, believe me, I'm looking. As is Violet. :)
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby rambler72 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:00 pm

thank you thank you thank you both!!!

I will try him with everything I can. I hope it is just because he is special needs.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 am

oh my! what a heartbreaking story, he is a sweetie.... plse post if funds are needed to get him to rescue.
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Nickdawg wrote:oh my! what a heartbreaking story, he is a sweetie.... plse post if funds are needed to get him to rescue.

x2! UGH! This breaks my heart! I'd like to see him get into a rescue ASAP! After you check him out this weekend...let me know if you need anything, I can help with transport and funds, if someone can pull him!

I can also help with monthly support for food if needed! :)
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby love-a-bull » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:18 am

is there an address I can ship some goodies to him at? The senior PB I just adopted had bad hair loss too, and crazy as it may sound, I am using MTG (see link below) and the hair is growing back QUICK! I'd love to send the shelter some along with some yummy treats for him! Message me if possible. Thanks!
http://www.rescuepetstore.com/product/171-32.html
love-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Postby CSilverman89 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:48 am

What a lovely boy. I'm hoping for the very best for him!
CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Postby rambler72 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Kirstan: I have the shelter managers information if you would like to contact her. Just PM me and I will give it to you. I offered to transport him if we can find him somewhere to go.

I just got back from the shelter, it was very sad..... it is cold and windy here and Tivoli has an indoor outdoor kennel, his door is broken and the wind and cold can freely come and go. He was shivering badly because he does not have most of his hair. Sadly it will never grow back. I did learn a few things today about him however.
He has a pin in his hip so a home with stairs or the ability to go up and down stairs is out. He is severely over weight and I am sure that does not help. This poor guy was even more pathetic in person and the pictures of how he was found is absolutely heartbreaking.
Unfortunately he is not good with cats or dogs according to the shelter. However she did say that they do not "have the time or the facility to test them thoroughly" :huh?:
He is fantastic with all people and loves kids. I was a bit frustrated when I told them we were trying to help by pulling him and getting him into a foster situation. She said they were "very protective of him and cared for him alot" so wouldn't you think they would jump at the chance at finding him a home situation. I told her as much. They are not really a pit bull savvy shelter.
They are a no kill shelter so the potential for him to have to live his life in a 4ft by 8ft kennel is likely.

Here is the shelter address for those of you that would like to send blankies, toys(alligators his favorite) , or treats. He was too cold to go out today so I did not get any pictures. This poor guy could really use a sweater and a big soft bed to sleep on. Actually he could use a forever home! Thank you all soo much for your support.

Humane Society of the Ochocos
1280 S. Tom McCall Rd
Prineville OR 97754
541-447-7178
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Kirstan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:42 pm

If I find a spot for him I will come get him. My folks live in Bend and I LOVE Bend. It's a shortish drive to Prineville. I will keep trying for a spot for him... not that many people I know who DON'T have cats right now... don't ask. I wonder, if pushed, if they'll video him on a dog/dog test. Would they let you dog/dog test him? I just need to figure out if he'll actually TRY to eat the other dogs or if it's simple management. I have a really great potential home for a dog who is great with people but - they have a kid - kids leave doors open. IT happens. They're dog savvy, kid savvy, lay down the law to the kid and are highly recommended but, still, you know - kids are kids and, according to friends who harbor said kids, they can be QUICK. ;)

I'll keep looking for foster for Tivoli - and a zillion others.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:59 pm

In his video he has that tie around his muzzle. Is that a muzzle or just something the bad people put on him?

Very sweet looking.
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby rambler72 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Kirstan wrote:If I find a spot for him I will come get him. My folks live in Bend and I LOVE Bend. It's a shortish drive to Prineville. I will keep trying for a spot for him... not that many people I know who DON'T have cats right now... don't ask. I wonder, if pushed, if they'll video him on a dog/dog test. Would they let you dog/dog test him? I just need to figure out if he'll actually TRY to eat the other dogs or if it's simple management. I have a really great potential home for a dog who is great with people but - they have a kid - kids leave doors open. IT happens. They're dog savvy, kid savvy, lay down the law to the kid and are highly recommended but, still, you know - kids are kids and, according to friends who harbor said kids, they can be QUICK. ;)

I'll keep looking for foster for Tivoli - and a zillion others.

sounds like to me from her description of him, they haven't done much testing. the gal did say that it was small dogs they were most worried about. it was a very frustrating conversation. it felt to me like they would rather keep the dog there for a "look at what we saved" spectacle than find him a safe place. I honestly think it is just a simple management problem. They aren't pit bull people but have alot of pit bulls some with severe aggression issues. I will ask them on Tues if I could come do some dog on dog testing. He was so cold today I did not want to take him out, he was shivering on his bed and did not want to go outside.

Yes PB lady that muzzle was put on him by the people that set him on fire. The pictures at the shelter are much worse than what is in the video.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 am

oh my! This literally breaks my heart into pieces!! Are you or Chris going to be in the Portland/Salem area anytime soon? I would LOVE to buy him some sweaters and I have tons of soft warm comfy blankets I would love to get to him. I can also pick him up a new comfy bed from Costco.
If you guys are going to be in the area maybe we can meet? :))
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby rambler72 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Angela Adams wrote:oh my! This literally breaks my heart into pieces!! Are you or Chris going to be in the Portland/Salem area anytime soon? I would LOVE to buy him some sweaters and I have tons of soft warm comfy blankets I would love to get to him. I can also pick him up a new comfy bed from Costco.

Chris is actually there now... soccer.
However he car pooled with another coach.
I may be there on Wed. Not sure I will keep you updated. If not then next weekend for sure unless the passes get bad.
Tivoli gets super frustrated and will occasionally tear up beds so they give him blankets because he likes to burrow in them. Costco has those cool sherpa blankets for dogs I thought about getting a couple of those.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:38 pm

rambler72 wrote:
Angela Adams wrote:oh my! This literally breaks my heart into pieces!! Are you or Chris going to be in the Portland/Salem area anytime soon? I would LOVE to buy him some sweaters and I have tons of soft warm comfy blankets I would love to get to him. I can also pick him up a new comfy bed from Costco.

Chris is actually there now... soccer.
However he car pooled with another coach.
I may be there on Wed. Not sure I will keep you updated. If not then next weekend for sure unless the passes get bad.
Tivoli gets super frustrated and will occasionally tear up beds so they give him blankets because he likes to burrow in them. Costco has those cool sherpa blankets for dogs I thought about getting a couple of those.

What is he sleeping on in the kennel run? concrete? Does he have a kuranda bed or anything to lay on besides a blanket on top of concrete? Okay I have lots of soft flannel blankets and comforters. What size sweaters/sweatshirts should I buy? I have some of new toys and treats at the house I will donate to him :)
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby rambler72 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Moderators?? can we put this in General too???

Talked with the shelter today and they said that Tivoli would LOVE LOVE some sweaters and blankies.
He is a big boy 75lbs short and stocky. Here are his measurements neck: 21in chest: 32in back: 26in

He can have ANY toys,or snacks, he loves to chew.

I talked with the manager and she said the he is fine with other animals. The reason they say no animals is because they are afraid his skin will get torn because of how thin his skin is.
He is very fearful due to being abused and then kept in a kennel for the last year.
He is not fear aggressive though. He cowers and runs from whatever he is afraid of. She did say that he is terrified of being locked up that is why he has gone through 5 barrier doors.

Angela: He does have a kuranda bed, he tears up the beds that have filling when he gets frustrated. He has also destroyed the door to his outside kennel due to being locked up for so long and having nothing to do.

I wish this dog could get out of here.... he is sooo sad. He has noooo hair!! :sad:

Thank you all for wanting to help him I sooo appreciate it. He deserves so much more than what has been given.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=13283995 PICS OF TIVOLI

Here is their address again:

Humane Society of the Ochocos
1280 S. Tom McCall Rd
Prineville OR 97754
541-447-7178
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs