Gorgeous Sacramento dog needs home

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Daphnesmom
Matured Bully

Gorgeous Sacramento dog needs home

Postby Daphnesmom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Meet Bridget – she is a wonderful 3 year old spayed female who was at the Sacramento City shelter for 5 weeks and time was running out. I am an active dog volunteer there, so I decided to foster her and keep her safe until the right home can be found.
She is allowed to play in the yard with my neutered cattle dog but otherwise only goes on leashed walks with my dogs (since Daphne takes super slow and long introductions to new dogs).
She seems to get along with dog savvy cats, she is interested but sniffs them nicely and ignores them when asked. My cats have endured many many dog fosters, so they do not run and I do not know if she would behave differently if they did, however she has seen many on our walks and doesn’t seem to care.
She loves people, our old neighbor in her wheelchair, check. Kids, check. Strange Halloween attired teens, check. She takes treats super gentle, allows food and toys to be taken, knows basic obedience commands and absolutely loves to fetch and play in water.
She is housebroken, crate trained (really, no whining), doesn’t dig when left outside in dog yard, barks only when necessary.
She plays hard with other dogs and as such, not all dogs will appreciate her. My male does ok but we call them back when it gets too rough, she has very good recall. She behaves well on leash around other dogs but does not appreciate rude in-your-face greetings and will snap at dogs that do that. I would classify her as dog selective with a pinch of dog social.
I think she has potential for many things including agility, dock diving and even therapy, would not hesitate to place her in a home with kids.
Adoption fee of $85 covers her spay, all her shots and microchip. If anyone is interested, contact me here. Check out her you tube video too…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfAk05POYu0

love-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Re: Gorgeous Sacramento dog needs home

Postby love-a-bull » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:08 am

I met Bridget at the PB walks two separate times and have to say she is a DOLL!!!!! She is pretty small (i.e. standard sized, not a mongo PB) and is sugar sweet!! She is so lucky to have found you Becky, because this girl deserves waaaaay better than the Sac City Shelter. I hope she finds a home soon and if you need anything for her let me know!

Daphnesmom
Matured Bully

Postby Daphnesmom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks Lisa,

She's actually on the second night of a three day trial sleepover with her potential new home. Single guy, divorced and wife got their dog and he got the cats. Has a roommate with a 3 yr old shepherdy-type male, lives in Arden Park, a great area as far as Sac goes with a huge six foot fenced (and padlocked after our talk) yard, screened porch with doggy door for daytime when he's at work. She has been awesome with his cats and they all slept on the bed last night but he is buying a crate for when he cant be home at night with her. She seemed really happy and I'll see them on Wednesday to go over her paperwork...cross your fingers for her, I think she is home at last.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for Bridget! We adopted Molly from Sacto (Front St) so I kind of have a soft spot for all pit bulls up for adoption from there :)

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”