2 1/2 year old bully mix looking for a good home.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Re: 2 1/2 year old bully mix looking for a good home.

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 pm

where exactly in PA are you located, I know a few people in that work in the shelters, and could ask around if they have any open spots for foster care.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:15 am

I am going to email a couple of people I know a hour south of me, and see if they have any contacts in your area, that could help you out.

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 pm

It IS hard to find homes for them-- people who want a pit bull generally want a purebred-appearing dog with a typical pit bull temperament, and people who want a mutt generally don't want a pit mix.

Just to buy some more time, would it be possible to crate-rotate your dogs in your current living situation? Would they each be able to get the care and exercise they needed without overwhelming your family?

Another idea to gain more exposure-- see if there are any cheap local dog obedience classes, or free bully-friendly classes, bully-centric parades, or publicity events. Getting her some good manners out and about in the real world will increase her adoptability and appeal, and showing off her good manners and stable, friendly, confident personality can only help, not hurt.

Several dogs from the shelter I work at, many of them mixes including pit mixes, participated in a local "mutt strut" event and now, a month afterwards, ALL of them have been adopted!

Thank you so much for helping this girl and getting her spayed and chipped. I'd keep the chip in your name, that way in case she ever gets out and winds up in a shelter again, at least you can be contacted. Many rescues do this-- they stay as primary contact on the chip, or sometimes the secondary contact, generally because they have an agreement to always take back into their program any dogs they've adopted out.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:25 am

ok, so I have a friend in the Harrisburg area, that works with a fairly large resuce, however, they don't have any spots open, but would be more than happy to cross post her for you. If you could just PM a little bio, and some pics, and your personal email address so the intersted parties could contact you that would be great. That is if you are interested in going this route, if she hasn't already been placed.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”