Rock - Vancouver, Wa

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Rock - Vancouver, Wa

Postby Victoria » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 pm

http://pnwpbr.rescuegroups.org/animals/ ... lID=486314

Our poor Rocky has fallen on hard times. He was adopted out as a puppy in 2007. He had a great life - lived with a couple of kids and was well loved. I guess his adopters loved him so much that they decided they wanted another dog. They bought a male pit bull off craigslist, and after a short time the two boys did not get along. They started crating Rock which is something they never did after adopting him, also putting him outdoors alone, making him feel less like a family member as they clearly chose favorites with this new dog. He became extremely anxious in his new confinement, and broke out. Even broke out of the yard on a couple of occasions and was picked up by animal control. His family had clearly fallen out of love with him. Thankfully, they posted about their 'problems' on their Facebook, and PNWPBR found out. After some discussions, Rock was returned back to us.

Our big man is such a fantastic dog! He has an excellent, very solid temperament. Great with all people, loves children especially. Does well with female dogs. He is smart, and has some training. His former adopters are both deaf and he learned a number of commands in ASL.

The problem is that we do not currently have any foster homes who can dedicate the one on one time Rock needs, OUTSIDE of a crate. He has broken out of a few crates already. Poor guy gets so anxious in them. His foster home has him on anti anxiety medication and is trying to desensitize him to the crate, but with work hours and other foster dogs, they just are not able to address his issues correctly and he just is not happy and not thriving.

What Rock needs is an adopter who is looking for a companion to keep them company. I can completely see him living the good life with a retired couple who like to have the grandkids over. Please spread the word about our boy. I know there is a family out there who deserves all the joy he will give them.

And our little man from puppyhood, being held by Ellena
Victoria
Matured Bully

Re: Rock - Vancouver, Wa

Postby cecollins » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:17 am

WOW,he is stunning. I ma keeping my fingers crossed that he finds his forever home soon.
cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby Victoria » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Thank you, he really deserves a great home. I cannot even begin to say how great he is, beyond his crate issues. He has the most awesome personality.

Here is a picture of Rock at Pit Bull Awareness Day, participating in a game of whip cream facials.
Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:27 pm

SOB! He's not a couch potato though? I have some relatives in Oregon, but the lady I'm thinking of is 85 and has a cat. Fenced in back yard though and retired, she hates cats and the cat already rules the couch. He looks pretty athletic for her though.??
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Victoria » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Ya, he totally shares her hatred of cats. I've seen him get pretty atheletic trying to get to one, so he does need to go to a cat-free home. Rock can be an absolute couch potatoe, and is excellent with children - even the teensy ones. He would be pretty atheletic, and most likely a bit much for an 85 year old. Just managing inside the home, he is easy (so long as not crated). But he is still a guy who likes to play hard from time to time.
Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 pm

I'll see if she will send some feelers out. He is a gorgeous dog. Sad story too. I guess I've lived long enough to never say "never", but hope in my heart I have a strong enough commitment to my current furry companions that I would never replace them for my convenience. I guess thankfully you DID get him back instead of him just being delegated to a back yard forever.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:21 pm

How sad! I sure hope and pray he finds the perfect forever home soon! He sounds like a lovely dog! :pray
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs