Big Hoss needs a home.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Big Hoss needs a home.

Postby Libby » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Well, the time has come for Hoss to start home-hunting. As much as I love him and think he is so awesome, I just can't add another dog. We've done (with help from so many generous hearts!) all that we can for Hoss over here, and now he needs to find a warm, loving, permanent couch to call his own. Although he wouldn't mind sharing that couch with a person and getting some tummy rubs on occasion too :thumbsup:

Down to the nitty gritty.

Hoss is an adult male pit bull/mix, estimated to be around five years old and weighs 65lbs. He is neutered, and current on all of his vaccinations. Hoss is a special needs boy, due to lameness in his front legs. Because of this lameness, Hoss will need to be kept on pain management for the rest of his life (about $20 a month).

But don't let that cause you to hesitate--it sure doesn't for Hoss! Despite his less than graceful gallup, Hoss gets around just fine and loves to go on hikes and walks, and he really enjoys interacting with his human companions. His favorite activity, however, is laying on a warm lap, snuggling on a cushy dog bed, or snoozing away in his crate.

Hoss is a pretty easy going guy, he loves to go on car rides to the park, or just with you to run errands. Since he was a roaming intact male for the majority of his life, he is only now learning nice manners, but he is a quick learner. He is also learning the 'no potty in the house' rule, and while he is improving, it is still better to keep him on a leash or put a t-shirt on him to prevent accidents.

Hoss had a rough time before he came to us, and he is basking in the good life now. Our ideal home for Hoss is where he can be the only dog. He tolerates some female dogs, but would be much happier as a single male. Hoss adores my nine year old and four year old nieces, but due to his clumsy strength and size, Hoss would do best with children 12 and over.

If you are interested in becoming this big boy's retirement home, please contact me via PM, e-mail (pitbullmamma@hotmail.com) or reply in this thread :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

**Cross posting welcome!
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Re: Big Hoss needs a home.

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 pm

I was just thinking about Hoss today! I'm praying for the perfect home for him!! :pray
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Libby, I would say you polished that boy up wonderfully. he looks fabulous and very happy. I wish him the best. Do they know what caused the front end lameness?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:37 pm

What a lucky boy to have you in his life! Thank you to your dad for softening up when he saw him!!

Good Luck!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Libby » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks guys. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying every night (and morning and noon and evening!) that the perfect home comes along for him. He is a good boy, and he deserves the best.

Violet, best guess is that he was hit by a car when he was younger. With the onset of cold weather, he has been limping more than usual, so we are going to see about upping the dosage of his meds for the cold season.

He is truly a gem, and a super mush with people.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:52 am

Aww, I was wondering how he is doing! he turned out very nicely, what an improvement.

Good Luck Hoss!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby msvette2u » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 am

Great job Libby! He deserves a terrific new home!
msvette2u

Postby VC_Reno » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:33 pm

:pray

I hope Hoss finds his forever home. He deserves it!
VC_Reno
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs