Beauty of a Blue in Montana

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Beauty of a Blue in Montana

Postby sandi_s123 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi! I work at a shelter in Missoula,Mt. I wanted to post a pic of this cute guy looking for a new home. He is not at my shelter so all I know of him is what they have written. He has been at their shelter since July. If anyone is interested or know someone how is please email them at pintler_petsmt@yahoo.com.
This is what they wrote: Blue is a very happy and outgoing dog. According to the Internet, he is a very good representative of his breed. Because of his breed, we will be asking for extra references from his new family. We just want him to go to someone with knowledge of the loving homes these dogs need. Update: Surprisingly, we have had no inquiries about Blue. He really is a wiggle-butt and a very outgoing dog. He has a great attitude and for a home that likes the breed, he is a keeper.
sandi_s123
Newborn Bully

Re: Beauty of a Blue in Montana

Postby heartbullies » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 am

Handsome dog! Just a reminder, though, for PBF purposes, we ask that the poster have met the dog and can personally vouch for him or her. If you meet or assess this dog, please post updates and additional info! He's certainly very handsome. Many people here have worked in rescues and shelters for years, and often one person's assessment of a dog can be different than another's. For this reason, we tried to implement these rules so that if people *are* interested in the dog posted, they can ask the PBF member more questions or ask the poster for more specific information related to the dog's suitability, like whether the dog is shy of wheelchairs, wiggly with children, focused on cats, etc. In this case, it would be awesome if a breed-savvy person could meet him in the flesh and also teach shelter staff some hands-on info about identifying breed ambassadors, so that they don't have to rely on the internet alone and can better market their adoptable superstars.

Many rescues or shelters do pretty intense evaluations. Other shelters or rescues don't test their dogs as hard. But at least if a PBFer has met the dog, there's a little more information to go on, or at least a local person (to the dog) to contact for additional info.

I want to stress that the forum rules are certainly not in place to hurt dogs or annoy members or prevent adoptions (many people here are long-time rescuers or shelter workers!), but rather in hopes of providing more information about the individual dog and a good contact person local to the dog, so that a dog's unique personality/temperament can hopefully find the best adoptive match for the next ten or fifteen years!

Thank you!

Here's a little more information:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37836

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128854
Last edited by heartbullies on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing links.
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby sandi_s123 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Thanks for the info!! So sorry for not reading the rules that are posted on the top of the forum :oops: I'll be more mindful next time!
sandi_s123
Newborn Bully

Postby rambler72 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 pm

THAT DOG IS STUNNING!! I have such a weakness for blues. :po: bad amber..... lol no more looking
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby brunomom » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:57 pm

I have to agree that dog is BEAUTIFUL!
brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sandi_s123 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:51 am

Just to let people know--he's out on a test drive. Good Luck fella!
sandi_s123
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs