Please Help Abandoned Deaf Dog

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Please Help Abandoned Deaf Dog

Postby gonetothedanes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:10 am

A couple of days ago an ad was posted on Dallas Craigslist about an abandoned deaf dog. The dog has been hiding out on 33 acres of undeveloped land(save for a few small abandoned shacks), and the lady who posted the ad has been feeding the poor thing over the past couple of weeks. I saw a picture and he looks to be a Pit Bull, maybe a Pit mix. He's completely white and I don't think he even has pigment on his nose. Another non-deaf dog was with him, but the woman hasn't seen the other dog in several days. The problem is that the land is supposed to be developed this week, and the dog's shelter is going to be destroyed. She called her local shelter, but since he is a Pit Bull AND deaf they said they would just put him down.

I'm willing to catch the dog if someone can open up their homes to him. I talked to the woman on the phone and she said he seems intelligent, but she couldn't get close enough to him to catch him herself. I don't have the room at my house to keep him with me, especially since my bully is extremely picky with who he likes. The lady said the dog looks ALREADY NEUTERED, so that wouldn't even have to be done! I think he's just a dumped dog victim and needs a warm home to go to. She said he didn't seems aggressive at all, and was hanging out around another dog just fine. Our timeframe to save this boy is a few days at best before the weather clears up here so the land can be developed.

I've tried contacting several deaf rescues but most of them can't take anymore dogs in. I've left a few voicemails, but received no response for that either. Even if you can just crosspost to try to help this boy out, it would be much appreciated. Anyone who is willing to help can give me a call @ 214-906-2382.
gonetothedanes
Newborn Bully

Re: Please Help Abandoned Deaf Dog

Postby ssontag » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:12 pm

Just wondered where you are located.
ssontag
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Please Help Abandoned Deaf Dog

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:17 pm

If you can find a spot for him, don't take it for granted that he's already neutered, he could have retained testicles. We've rescued a couple that "looked" neutered but were not, they just never descended. Usually you can tell with their behavior once they get into a home, they will act intact but sometimes if they are a submissive male, they won't. He might need an ultrasound to determine if there are balls in there.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs