Noel | Looks like a bull terrier...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Noel | Looks like a bull terrier...

Postby Melody » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:17 am

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to get the word out about this awesome little girl, the last rescue from the awful breeder I've been dealing with...doggie # 7. Her name is Noel, and she's a TOTAL sweetheart. She's a purebred APBT, Nat'l Gr Ch. sired, but was born with a birth defect, so the guy couldn't sell her. She was born with a serious overbite (and a slight crossbite), causing her to look like a bull terrier. This does not seem to cause her any distress, she eats, drinks and plays like a normal dog. She was spayed 2 weeks ago and healed up perfectly. She's about 6 mos old and just about 40 lbs. She has beautiful blue-grey eyes too! The only "issue" she has is that she must be walked on a harness, as any pressure on her trachea causes her to cough.

And some pictures to show off her teeth:

And here's a short video of her playing with some toys. She is super playful!!
Melody
Forum Junky

Re: Noel | Looks like a bull terrier...

Postby msvette2u » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:22 am

She's so adorable!
Not to drag the thread off topic but I'm always amazed at the various mid-line defects I've seen during my years in rescue.
I am always learning something new!
msvette2u

Postby Adrianne » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:47 am

Does the vet really think that won't cause trouble later in life? I hope not! She sure is gorgeous! Good luck!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Melody » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:53 am

Adrianne wrote:Does the vet really think that won't cause trouble later in life? I hope not! She sure is gorgeous! Good luck!

She didn't mention any trouble, but said whoever adopts her will have to be really careful with her teeth. Since she doesn't have a correct bite, the teeth can't really "self clean" in the back like a normal bite. We've started teaching her to accept having her teeth brushed, she's doing ok, but doesn't love it. She'll probably need to have regular dentals done as she gets older. She's a really sweet girl, and so athletic! I think she has a beautiful build too. I just love her.
Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:14 pm

What a pretty girl! I hope your forever family finds you real soon.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs