DECLAWED 9 y/o Paisley, dog/cat/kid friendly Pit in Indiana!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

DECLAWED 9 y/o Paisley, dog/cat/kid friendly Pit in Indiana!

Postby love_gingers » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:57 am

Paisley has been looking for a home for quite some time so I figured, why not show her off to the PBF members and see if anyone falls in love with her??

Paisley was adopted from a HS in Indiana EIGHT years ago and was 4-paw declawed, yes, declawed by her crazy owner who didn't like the clicking noise her nails made on tile. She was eventually given up by her owner because she was chasing chickens...imagine that! She's now in the care of my friend who is an animal control officer and an independent rescuer.

I can personally vouch for Paisley as I have fostered her a few times and have interacted with her more times than I can count. She is an AWESOME, happy, wiggly, silly pit bull mix. She greets every stranger with a tail wag and body wiggle. She is built like a little 50 pound barrel - she's not big at all, but is round (could probably stand to lose a few).

She is dog friendly - good with dogs of all sizes (is fine with my roommates small dogs!) and is good with cats too! Her one fault is that she is protective of her toys, so toys can't be left out on the floor. Other than that she is an angel. She walks perfectly on a leash and never pulls. She loves to wear sweaters!

Paisley is housebroken and non-destructive. When I have her, she sleeps in bed with me. :) She doesn't go up on the bed without being asked. I live in an apartment and she'd be a fine apt dog. She's not bark-y except if someone knocks on the door. Her energy level isn't too high but she does like a good game of tug once in a while.

She is on meds for hypothyroidism and takes her meds without issue in a piece of cheese. She's fully vetted and has records that go back for 8 years (her previous owner took good care of her in that regard, oddly enough).

So, that's my little speech on Paisley and how awesome she is. If interested in her, you can PM me or email me at SavingHoosierDogs@gmail.com. She is located in Lafayette, IN but doesn't necessarily have to be adopted in that area.

Here's Paisley napping next to Sophie, their butts are touching :) Sophie is adoptable too, and 4-paw declawed also! :(

Her poor little declawed paw :(

Wearing one of her sweaters, which always gets lots of smiles when I take her for walks.

Gives another view of her paws.
love_gingers
Newborn Bully

Re: DECLAWED 9 y/o Paisley, dog/cat/kid friendly Pit in Indiana!

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:24 am

love_gingers wrote:Paisley was adopted from a HS in Indiana EIGHT years ago and was 4-paw declawed, yes, declawed by her crazy owner who didn't like the clicking noise her nails made on tile.

Crazy OWNER?? What kind of vet agreed to do that surgery??? I don't even do 4 paw declaws on cats unless the owner has a medical issue or its required by day-care insurance companies (stupid stupid, I hate it).
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby bigbadbully » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:13 pm

woah! declawed?! I didn't know that vets would even do it on dogs! how horrible, and such a weird reason to do it too. all the lady had to do was keep the nails trimmed. I can't even hear my dogs nails. those paws look naked. poor thing!

she sounds like a sweetie, I hope she gets a great home.
bigbadbully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby karladaune » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:22 pm

I have never heard of declawed dog! Poor poor girl! 9 years old, too...I sure hope she finds the forever home she deserves!
karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby mtlu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:54 am

What a sweetie! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: I hope she gets a forever home very soon!
(I've never seen a declawed dog either :( )
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:
love_gingers wrote:Paisley was adopted from a HS in Indiana EIGHT years ago and was 4-paw declawed, yes, declawed by her crazy owner who didn't like the clicking noise her nails made on tile.

Crazy OWNER?? What kind of vet agreed to do that surgery??? I don't even do 4 paw declaws on cats unless the owner has a medical issue or its required by day-care insurance companies (stupid stupid, I hate it).

I was wondering the same thing!

She is so pretty. Sometimes I really wish Khan would let me have another dog in the house. Sometimes I am glad he won't lol
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Megan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Hopefully she won't need this offer. How far are you form Auburn, IN? I'll be there March 20th, and am willing to transport her back to PA for anyone who may be interested, or meet along my route back from pa.

Hopefully she'll find a home loooong before march, but the offer is there if needed.
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Zagari » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot take her. She seems like an awesome dog. I love the oldies. What part of Indiana is she in?
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Ive heard of it but never seen it.. how sick :(

Good luck lovely lady
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 pm

someone posted about another dog with that earlier this year.

I want to say the owner might have had thin skin and could not handle scratches?? or something like that, still weird...

never seen it... it looks bizarre.
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby love_gingers » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Zagari wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot take her. She seems like an awesome dog. I love the oldies. What part of Indiana is she in?

She's in Lafayette...which is west-central IN. About an hour north of Indy.

Megan wrote:Hopefully she won't need this offer. How far are you form Auburn, IN? I'll be there March 20th, and am willing to transport her back to PA for anyone who may be interested, or meet along my route back from pa.

Hopefully she'll find a home loooong before march, but the offer is there if needed.

Thanks for your offer! No potential adopters so far though :(
love_gingers
Newborn Bully

Postby LowLady » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:11 pm

If shes not adopted by march I would be interested if she can be transported to PA, im in nj
LowLady
Adolescent Bully

Postby Megan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:48 pm

I am deff. still willing to transport if she needs it :)
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Man, I Just love her! I Hope she finds a home!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haircrazie016 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:28 pm

shes adorable! I have a big crush on her! lol The person in NJ should adopt her, then you should drive over the bridge to my house so I can cuddle with her!! :D
haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs