Anyone interested in a UKC type dog?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Anyone interested in a UKC type dog?

Postby violet » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Ok..these guys will be available pretty soon. Some will take longer than others. Mom is pretty well ready immediately (also, if anyone is interested in fostering her, it would be appreciated) These dogs are "purebred" with known lineage. Papers not likely to be available. They are incredibly sweet. Very loving. But currently need some work as they have not had the best start. Pups are 9 months old. Mom will be 6 in March. So..here they are...
Mom, Wishes, is a lovely girl temperament wise. Can run a little hot with other dogs. And word is she is potentially an escape artist. But she is a complete love bug with all people. Like melt into you, wants nothing more than to be near you, sweet sweet girl. Crate trained, housebroken. Would be an excellent obedience candidate.
Male, ScoobyDoobyDoo! is a mushy goofball. VERY sweet. He had been deemed "pet quality". He is going to make someone an awesome family dog.
Female, Sassy, is MUCH smaller than her siblings or her mom. Right around 40 pounds. She is super into people as well. They all are. Sassy has demodex which she is now being treated for. (she had not been previously..person who had her deemed it "allergies" and was home treating with prednisone.)Hopefully we will have her whipped into shape quickly.
Last but not least is Storm. Who certainly does not suit his name. This lovebug is having to figure out that he is ok. Right nwo he is pretty much afraid of his own shadow. But we have little doubt he will come around nicely. In the mean time..he is just a love sponge.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Re: Anyone interested in a UKC type dog?

Postby Libby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm

All of them are beautiful, but I love Wishes. What a beautiful girl!
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Ohh put Sassy on the next flight to Europe, i'm in love!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Wow, what beautiful dogs. How is it that so many lovely dogs, who's owners put so much money into cropping etc, are suddenly available?

Are they dog/cat friendly?
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Storm, who is here, is afraid of cats. Great with dogs thus far but of course..the pups are 9 months old. And these dogs were part of an intervention/repossession.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Storm is stunning :inlove:
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm

FBODGRL wrote:Storm is stunning :inlove:

Storm is a squishy, mushy love bug :inlove: who gets along with both Cowgirl and Tango..hmmmm
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 am

Storm, and momma.. are STUNNING send them here! :) lol
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 am

OMG! I am in love with ScoobyDoobyDoo!! :inlove: :inlove:

He has such an adorable squishy face! I would take him in a heartbeat if I did not already have Mya.
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red Chrome » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

I recognise Wishes from somewhere......I've seen her before. I wouldn't forget that coloring. I KNOW where I know her from now.

Sassy is a DOLL....I want her. She is so cute! Storm and Scooby look like mushballs!!

Good Luck with placing them, they are all gorgeous. Can't believe that they were a repossession/intervention, not another one like Tonya, I hope.

Check your PM's.

Courtney
Red Chrome

Postby violet » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Well..Wishes has been sent to her co-owner..but we still have all four pups. And are in somewhat urgent need of a foster home for at least one of the boys. Petie and Scooby both need to be moved ASAP. Thus far we have not gotten so much as a single inquiry on these kids and Storm and Petie are pretty well ready to go.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Midnight Sun APBT » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Have you contacted Dina from West Winds kennels....

These are her puppies... why isn't she stepping up and helping out.
Midnight Sun APBT
Matured Bully

Postby violet » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:01 am

Because she is "not in a position to help" at this time..so..the pups temporary landing in rescue has officially become 4 pups needing homes. Fortunately..all they needed was treamtent for mange, ear infections, ringworm, skin allergies (the female only)and a hell of a lot of work since they arrived knowing nothing and completely unsocialized. So..no show dogs being a drain on rescue here.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:19 am

I hate when breeders don't want to take the dog(s) back and help out when the dogs they bred end up in shelters/rescues. We had a similar case here when a purebred boxer ended up in a shelter. The breeder didn't want to take him back, because she already has two female boxers and she would have to keep them separate, that's just too much work for her :po: The dogs are their responsibility too!

Good luck with them...
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby violet » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah..I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the lack of help these kids are getting. They are very nice dogs. I mean temperament wise. They are super sweet and have come an incredibly long way from how they arrived six weeks ago. I suppose the positive note is that none of them will ever be adding to the gene pool since their breeders didn't take them. Or the people behind their breeding I should say. But the boys would probably all three be GREAT for weight pull. Or obedience. (though I still say that at LEAST Scooby looks more like a boxer/st bernard mix than a pit bull lol)
violet
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs