Urgent rescue needed for Pit Mix

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Urgent rescue needed for Pit Mix

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:32 am

This girl is with us for now - I don't have the capability to house/socialize and place her, I don't feel qualified to choose a new home for her.

Her story is as follows - her owner let her get knocked up by one of their resident dogs, and then proceeded to call a rescue friend of mine to see if she could take the puppies. Well, she got so po'ed (she's suffering burnout badly right now) she told him he was a "f*ing idiot" (in those words) and hung up on him!
She then emailed me his information, she felt kinda bad about the pups, so I then called him, trying to "be nice" for the dogs' sake.
I agreed to take his puppies - 8 of them - in exchange for trying to foster our foster puppies onto the puppies mama dog, as the pups were just old enough to be weaned.
He brought over the pups and mom last Tuesday or Wednesday, and left everyone here. She's a very sweet, cute little pit bull mix, he called her Shadow.
I agreed to spay her for him when she was done nursing, since he was going to let her stay here to see if she'd nurse the orphaned litter.
However, it wasn't working out, she has no desire to have anything to do with the orphans, so I called him Friday to have him come get her.
At that point, he told me that he wasn't coming back for her - he claims he lives with his uncle and aunt and they told him she cannot come back - but I just think he doesn't want her anymore - I wondered when he didn't call the next day to see how she was doing with the orphan litter (I'd told him to call) :po:

The pups are easy enough to house and adopt out, but I'm concerned about her, and I just don't feel competent to foster her very long or place her myself, we don't even have a suitable place to house her (she's in an outdoor run with a Dogloo now).
She is a typical pit, a real lover but a little shy at first, as I'm sure he wasn't very nice to her :( I think she needs someone with fewer dogs, who is experienced and can socialize her to other dogs, etc.??

Once she warmed up to us she was fine. She lived with other dogs on his property, so I think she's good with them - and I think kitties as well. She barks at the chickens but doesn't have access to them.
She's quite petite, at around 40lbs. and is around 1yr. probably her first heat.
I just need to toss this out there to see if there's help out there for her.
We will still spay her and in fact have an appt Tuesday I could use for her, if there's a rescue who can take her.
Other than Angela, all the other rescues I've asked are ignoring me :(
Please PM me if you can help at all - we can transport to Seattle or Portland.

My husband holding her.
msvette2u

Re: Urgent rescue needed for Pit Mix

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:53 am

aww Poor girl! Well, I hope someone out there can help her! She is very pretty!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:01 am

Thanks...I mean, I'm glad she's with me, he really is a loser, but it's hard because I just am not equipped to take care of her.
We have a 2 Chis we can't place and a Schnauzer mix puppy, it's so frustrating as it is, all the rescues and shelters in the area are having a tough time right now, we can't figure out what it is people want anymore.
msvette2u

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 am

ugh. I'm sorry I couldn't help out with her :( I posted her to my Facebook page in hopes someone will see her and contact you or I.
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Libby » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 am

She's beautiful, Yvette! I really hope a solution can be found for her.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks Libby - I will try my damndest!!
Thanks Angela, for trying, I understand things happen, I had one foster home completely flake on us...already...
msvette2u

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:01 am

Someone from FB wanted to know if she is housebroken?
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 am

I am not sure, Angela. I don't think she lived in a house before?
I can give them plenty of housebreaking tips though and maybe even a crate - I have a crate hanging about in the Portland area you could use!
msvette2u

Postby pblove » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 pm

msvette2u wrote:This girl is with us for now - I don't have the capability to house/socialize and place her, I don't feel qualified to choose a new home for her.

If you don't feel qualified to choose a home for her, then who is going to choose homes for all her puppies??
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby msvette2u » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 am

The puppies are only 1/4 pit bull - it is noted on their bios (will go to non-BSL areas), and they have not been mistreated, which makes life much easier.
FTR, she is listed on my site as adoptable or "needs foster home", we were unable to spay her today because her milk is still not dried up.
If we get interest I will ask for a pit bull specific rescue to assist in placing her.
msvette2u

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:41 pm

msvette2u wrote:The puppies are only 1/4 pit bull - it is noted on their bios (will go to non-BSL areas), and they have not been mistreated, which makes life much easier.
FTR, she is listed on my site as adoptable or "needs foster home", we were unable to spay her today because her milk is still not dried up.
If we get interest I will ask for a pit bull specific rescue to assist in placing her.

How is Momma dog, did she find a rescue to take care of her?
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby msvette2u » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

We are in the process of getting that done, yes :) Hopefully by next weekend she'll be transitioned into a foster home.
msvette2u

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:08 pm

msvette2u wrote:We are in the process of getting that done, yes :) Hopefully by next weekend she'll be transitioned into a foster home.

oh thank goodness. Was kind of worried about her..that face just won my heart. How are the pups doing.
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby msvette2u » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Everyone's doing really well, have a few potential homes for the pups right now.
msvette2u

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Good to hear. I was a little afraid to ask about Shadow too. I think she is a beauty.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs