Blue Needs a Good home! Help!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Blue Needs a Good home! Help!

Postby The Fate » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Does anyone know How I can help find my dog "Blue" a home, im devistated right now!
I tried keeping him at a friends house while I find a place but hes not working out over there in the snow
and his son is tramatized of dogs so hes scared to even come around him. Blue is such a good dog,
spent so much money on keeping him healthy and is trained well. It hurts me so bad that I have to find him a home
but I have no other choice due to me having no other resource. Trust me this was my last option. I almost wanna sleep in my car to keep him. Can anyone help assist me with this as to i have never been in a situation like this and already feel like such a bad owner but situations happen and as of right now and I dont know what to do, I barley have a roof to sleep under. But I refuse to just take him to a pound, Blues not going out like that. He needs a good home someone that I know will take good care of him and has a pretty nice sized back yard cuz he loves to run... Thanks

P.S. If someone here finds it in their heart to take care of him, I have pics and a folder kept with all vacs and rabies records which proves hes up to date. I live in Downey, Calilfornia
The Fate
Adolescent Bully

Re: Blue Needs a Good home! Help!

Postby BabyReba » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Generally, we try to work on helping people find ways to keep their dogs here, rather than ways to rehome them . . . what's going on that you can't have him? I'm wondering if we can help you find a different solution, rather than have to get rid of your dog.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby The Fate » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Trust me Reba I wish i knew a way to keep him, as said before I would be willing to sleep in my car.
I wouldn't of come here inless I thought out atleast 20 diff ways to keep him.

My situation is this, a property i had to just moved to went into forclosure 3 months after living in it that I was un-aware of. Which now forced me to have to move out within 15 days, which I did. I stayed at my moms house to help blue finish his medications he was taking for his ear infection before I took him to a friends house in Apple Valley. While I was at my moms the owner of the property got mad he was there and said he had to go, so I took him to apple valley earlier than expected and stayed at my friends house for the weekend to help blue feel comfortable. He was good while I was there, but the problem now is his son is young and tramatized of big dogs to the point where he wont even come downstairs anymore. Also due to the really bad storms weve been having over here I guess its causing blue to bark ALL NIGHT. So my friend got fed up and said you need to come pick him up.
I need ATLEAST another month to find a new place due it not being simple owning a pitbull and most apts or houses we can afford have a strict 25 pound limit max. So my mom said she will deal with the owner and keep him there for NO LONGER than a week. So after that hes out of options and so am I, so while i have this week I want to take advantage and find him a good home vs just forcing him into a Pound which im not comfortable with at all. I know the people here on Pitbull forum really care for pitbulls and if someone found it in there heart to adopt him I know he will be in good hands thus the reason i came on here. So if anyone else has a solution on how I can keep him trust me I'm all ears. Im so sad right now, this is my little homie. Hes like a son to me..
The Fate
Adolescent Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 pm

I can't really help because I live all the way in Florida, but I'm sending you a big :hug:....sounds like you're doing your best to do the right thing, so I hope everything works out.

Could you maybe also stay with your friends? Maybe Blue is freaking out because you're not there.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:13 pm

man, what an awful situation. this economy is really wrecking people's lives.

i wonder if there is a rescue or rescue person on here who might be able to help you find a discounted kennel space or even a foster home for a month or so. :sad:
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby The Fate » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:53 pm

BabyReba wrote:man, what an awful situation. this economy is really wrecking people's lives.

i wonder if there is a rescue or rescue person on here who might be able to help you find a discounted kennel space or even a foster home for a month or so. :sad:

I sure hope so... Cuz I do not wanna lose my lil man... :sad:

And Jamielvaustin I already thought about that, the problem with that is Apple Valley is 2 hours away from Long Beach where I work at, so imagine the wear and tear and how early i'd have to leave to beat traffic... Driving from Pomona (Moms house) was killing me as it was, and that was half the distance compared to Apple Valley, not to mention its snowing out there right now...
The Fate
Adolescent Bully

Postby heartbullies » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:27 am

I hope some SoCal members can come up with some ideas to help you keep your dog. Is it possible to bring your dog to work with you, have him crated at your desk or job site or even in your vehicle if temperatures permit? If you just keep him with you during days, commutes, and at night when you're at home there may be less barking. It would mean some lifestyle changes for a few weeks until you found a place to live but may be the cheapest option, and worth it. We can't allow owner surrenders on PBF but maybe we can help you keep your boy, hopefully for the next 10-15 years.

If it makes you feel any better: I rent and own a pit bull. There are tons of threads on here to help you, but basically I look on Craigslist and send e-mails to landlords, tell them I also have a dog that is a certified Therapy Dog with his CGC and we do take obedience classes and do some competitive/rally obedience. I mention he is crate trained, house broken, neutered, and on flea prevention. I go and meet the landlord. I see the place and present a professional appearance and win them over, and THEN we talk specifics about the dog. If he has to meet the landlord then I exercise him and have some treats, so he can do simple tricks like shaking paws or rolling over or getting into a crate on command, etc. It's not easy but I just found a place to live in my price range within the last few weeks.

Most of those big big apartment complexes do have weight limits and breed limits. I stick with smaller ones, individually owned, etc.

Did you adopt Blue from a shelter/rescue? They will usually take a dog back, or maybe they can help you find a way to keep him. If he's from a breeder, I'd definitely touch base with the breeder; see if they can do some boarding or maybe one of their clients is looking for their bloodlines for a pet and they may be able to match them up?
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Villalobos offers boarding. If he is neutered, I am sure Tia would try to help you out for a month or two. It's worth that if you are able to keep your dog. Check out Villalobos and see if they can do something for you.
http://www.vrcpitbull.com/
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby rambler72 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey Fate,
What's going on?? Have you had any luck??
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby The Fate » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Nothing yet..

So heres the story, tried him out at my friends house and he didnt work out there at all.
I think it was mainly due to the rain storms we were having.

So now hes back at my moms house and she hasnt said anything yet so im keeping my fingers crossed.
He loves it over there, because he has a huge lot and i mean HUGE so he runs full blast jumping thru tall bushes, I wish
he could stay there he looks so happy. She said shes gonna try to hold on to him intill I find a place but I havent lucked up anything yet and try very hard but nothing... So the search continues..
The Fate
Adolescent Bully

Postby ilikelily » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 pm

sending you all the luck in the world... wish that would actually help or I could do more...
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HUGaBULLyo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 pm

i wish i can take him in but im packed.. ill try to help if i can. ask around see if anyone i know can care for blue for awhile until u can find a place of ur own i live pretty close to downey and lb so if anything comes up ill let u know send u a pm or something
HUGaBULLyo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Ilovethepits » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm

So far you've been able to keep Blu housed and fed, keep the faith. . . apparently you were meant to be. Do your best.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Fate » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Yea so far my mom hasnt said anything..
Hes been a good at my moms, as I said on the previous msgs he has a HUGE lot out there with tall bushes and he
loves hopping thru em like a jack rabbit.. lol I didnt realize how high he can jump intill he went out there... He jumps so High Im able to catch him in the air! Lol Hes just such a well trained and good dog I cant let him go, as long as my mom is able to keep him there I think he would best out there. I have have recieved a few pm's on people willing to foster him or even take full ownership and I just wanna say a big THANK YOU to those people, I would do the same if I were in there position. So i will keep those people updated. Thanks !
The Fate
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:59 pm

This is a nice update to read. I'm glad Blue is working out at your Mom's place. He looks like a fine dog.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs