Terrier mix needs help!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Terrier mix needs help!!

Postby TrueDog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am

This dog was found on the streets, obviously has a skin infection and needs vet, or experienced, help.
This is not my dog, but the people who found it do not have the money to provide a home. They want to put the dog to sleep because all of the rescues/no kill shelters are full.

Please help! PM me if you can provide a home and vet care and I will send the phone number to the dog.

TrueDog
BANNED

Re: Terrier mix needs help!!

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 am

Looks like possibly demodex.
Some ivermectin would be all the dog needs.
If it's sarcoptic mange, all he'd need is ivermectin too - can you not foster him?
msvette2u

Postby TrueDog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am

msvette2u wrote:Looks like possibly demodex.
Some ivermectin would be all the dog needs.
If it's sarcoptic mange, all he'd need is ivermectin too - can you not foster him?

Well so-said they took the dog to a vet and without a test the vet said it was a yeast infection. I dont know about that but who knows...
I will if "time runs out" but really we dont have a lot of room, time or money. I feel horrible for the dog.
TrueDog
BANNED

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:54 am

Well, I'd take him if I were closer, but I'm like 20 states away.
Dogs usually don't just get "yeast infections", they are secondary to another problem like allergies or mange.
The body then overproduces oil which contributes to the yeast on the skin.
It's a multipronged problem which means it takes a multipronged approach to healing, including shampoos, ivermectin (if it's mange) and/or special foods and diet. Ask them to get the dog Natural Balance duck/potato or venison/sweet potato in case it's food allergies.
Also use Ketoconazole shampoo (found in the dandruff shampoo section of Walmart).
msvette2u

Postby TrueDog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 am

msvette2u wrote:Well, I'd take him if I were closer, but I'm like 20 states away.
Dogs usually don't just get "yeast infections", they are secondary to another problem like allergies or mange.
The body then overproduces oil which contributes to the yeast on the skin.
It's a multipronged problem which means it takes a multipronged approach to healing, including shampoos, ivermectin (if it's mange) and/or special foods and diet. Ask them to get the dog Natural Balance duck/potato or venison/sweet potato in case it's food allergies.
Also use Ketoconazole shampoo (found in the dandruff shampoo section of Walmart).

I have a couple cans of Blue's Venison/sweet potato. I offered to give them some of my extra food, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I also posted the above for them to read.
TrueDog
BANNED

Postby merriterrier » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 am

I am so glad you live in FL, otherwise I'd be kicking myself in the butt for offering to take him. lol Good Luck!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs