Nevaeh- Chicago, IL

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Nevaeh- Chicago, IL

Postby ilikelily » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:12 am

I spent yesterday afternoon with the sluttiest Valentine of them all- Nevaeh. This girl is all tongue and she kisses everyone within reach:) ... and she wants you to know she is AVAILABLE!

Chillin on the bus bench after a nice long walk

pretty lady

uber cute

jumping up for kisses (only when asked to)! she could not give out enough of them, a total love bug.

chillin inside, in the same room as a Cane Corso, she in not dog friendly but VERY managable... and super awesome!

super excited I got out a ball- look at her eyes!

play time!

my favorite- the smile at the end of our visit:) melts my heart! My special Valentine, Nevaeh.
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Nevaeh- Chicago, IL

Postby ilikelily » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:37 am

and here is the rescue's write up on her:

"ADOPT NEVAEH! Nevaeh is "Heaven" spelled backwards, which is exactly what she is! She is a super-friendly, fun & playful, sweet, beautiful, and very affectionate 6-year-old American Pitbull Terrier. Nevaeh loves to play fetch, adores people (sneaks in MANY kisses!) & is fabulous with kids, is non-destructive in the home (LOVES to lounge and snore on the couch or her comfy bed), knows "sit" and "down", and walks great on a leash. Nevaeh is almost perfect, but her only issue is that she is not good with other pets. She's looking for a home where she can be the center of someone's world FOREVER! And she deserves it! (Her family of 4-1/2 years dumped her because the new wife didn't want her.)"

I have been walking Nevaeh for months, and I can't tell you how she is wonderful she truly is. It breaks my heart that we have not received one application on her. She is a perfect little package (and she is little, maybe 45 lbs). Not good with other animals but super manageable. She is a people focused girl who will spoil her special someone rotten with all the love she ready to give.

I swear she is Lily's sister from another mister. Their personalities and physical characteristics are so similar! Anyone out there wanting to foster or adopt this angel- I will hook you up with everything. She super special.
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby DogNerd » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:00 pm

love her little mug - what a cutie!
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ilikelily » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 pm

she has a killer underbite! ;)
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby merriterrier » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:03 pm

:inlove: :inlove:
aww, good luck!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby bigbadbully » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:05 pm

:inlove: :inlove: so cute! good luck finding her the perfect home!
bigbadbully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ilikelily » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Well Nevaeh is still in search of her forever home, but for the time being she has landed herself in a foster home! :nana:
She sure as heck deserves it.
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 am

Nevaeh is doing wonderful in her foster home.
Last night was the first night of training. She has a fantastic foundation, just getting the foster dad and his girlfriend on the same page. And working her little butt off around other dogs! She LOVES training so I have really high hopes for her. As long as she is working (and handled well) she able to be in the same room as multiple dogs.

And because I love her so much, I have actually volunteered to be her handler at appropriate adoption events (I strongly dislike these events and usually avoid them at all costs). If someone would just step up and adopt her before event season begins! roflmao
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Good luck Neveah! She is super cute, I sure hope someone snatches her up.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby chewbecca » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:55 am

ALICIA.
I wish you could bring her by my house!
I cannot adopt or foster her, but I'd LOVE to get some photos of her for you guys, and I'd LOVE to spoil her rotten even if it's only for a few hours!!!

Whatcha say?
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilikelily » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:15 pm

chewbecca wrote:ALICIA.
I wish you could bring her by my house!
I cannot adopt or foster her, but I'd LOVE to get some photos of her for you guys, and I'd LOVE to spoil her rotten even if it's only for a few hours!!!

Whatcha say?

Hey Rebecca! That sounds absolutely awesome, what a generous offer. :)) I love your photos and I am sure they would totally help with getting her some exposure. Let me know when you are thinking and I will be there (other than this weekend, we just got back into town from vacation).
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby chewbecca » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Is your phone number still the same???
PM me a good time to call, and then you can let me know your schedule. And we'll work around that. :))

If you'd like, I can even make sure one of my sons (or both) are there if you want to see how she does around children.
I don't know if she's been tested or not, and I'm sure she'd be great with them (what pit bull isn't??), but you could get a for sure idea of what she'd be like around children playing outside, whether or not they get her over-excited, if they're too distracting, or if she can focus on you instead of children making noise and running all over the place.
You could also gauge whether or not she'll insist upon jumping on them and knocking them over to shower them with kisses, or if she will play "gently" with children.

My youngest son would be AWESOME for this because he's little for his age (he's 10, but the size of, like, a 6 year old lol ).
And he's about as active as a child can get.

If they've already tested her around children, let me know, if she's great with them, then I can snap some shots of her loving on my children which will be SURE to let people know how great she is with kids. :))
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilikelily » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:09 pm

You are awesome!!!!!

And yes, she is great around kids. I am sure she would love to meet and be photographed with yours. :))

She is actually Furry Friends Alumni (who knows, maybe her Lily and Ella all know and hate each other lol ). She was adopted to a single guy and has live with him for 5+ years. I guess he recently got a girlfriend; she ends up preggers and wants the dog gone. :sad: Supposedly SHE stated to the rescue upon return- Nevaeh is great with children. Nice, huh?

I will send you a PM in a few days to figure out a specific day and time with my number (it is the same). Thanks again. I am so excited to do a photo shoot with you- and I cannot wait to see Ella (you know I am sneaking in a visit with her!).
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby chewbecca » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:28 pm

ilikelily wrote:You are awesome!!!!!

And yes, she is great around kids. I am sure she would love to meet and be photographed with yours. :))

She is actually Furry Friends Alumni (who knows, maybe her Lily and Ella all know and hate each other lol ). She was adopted to a single guy and has live with him for 5+ years. I guess he recently got a girlfriend; she ends up preggers and wants the dog gone. :sad: Supposedly SHE stated to the rescue upon return- Nevaeh is great with children. Nice, huh?

I will send you a PM in a few days to figure out a specific day and time with my number (it is the same). Thanks again. I am so excited to do a photo shoot with you- and I cannot wait to see Ella (you know I am sneaking in a visit with her!).

YAY!!
What I'd suggest for your visit with Ella is, you either come in without Navaeh first and do your visiting, OR you bring Navaeh in and out to the backyard, while I crate Ella up and make sure all dozen of the doors from inside the house to out to the fenced yard are shut, and then visit with her after you put Navaeh in the car to go home.

You will get to witness Ella's ball obsession.
YAY!!!!!

But give me plenty of notice as I'll want to make sure my house is picked up and stuff is out of the way! :))
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs