Rosen JRT

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Rosen JRT

Postby merriterrier » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Some of you may remember that I posted this boy a while back. He is still looking for a really good home. Rosen is an absolute delight. He is a 1yr loving, charming, funny, bundle of energy. Rosen is housebroken and crate trained. He walks well on leash, and has a good recall. Rosen is a snuggler and a half and likes nothing better than to cuddle with you while you watch TV. But don't let his lovey-dovey nature fool you; Rosen is a high energy guy who needs a job and/or real exercise. He enjoys hiking, and running around in the mountains, or going for walks. Rosen will jump up to your chest for you to catch him. Rosen rides well in the car, and loves to go for road trips. Rosen loves to play: tug is a favorite but he also likes fetch (on his terms, he is a terrier after all). He loves to chew and is not destructive unless he doesn't have appropriate toys available. He is easy to handle (feet, face, body) and loves being picked up and carried. When he gets too cold in the snow he'll ride perched on your shoulders or back pack. Rosen is good with kids - though I would prefer older (7+) since he has springs for legs, and true to his terrier nature might nip if he gets pulled on. Rosen can behave and even play with known cats in a supervised and controlled environment, but he cannot go to a home who would allow him to be unsupervised with cats since he will chase unknown/feral cats, and he does have the prey drive of a Jack Russel. Rosen is good with female dogs, but can be a butt head with other males, and unless the adoptive home is capable of C&R and total supervision I would not recommend him for a home with another male dog. Small animals are a definite "No:" JRT's were bred to hunt and kill small mammals.

Rosen is neutered, UTD, and weighs 15lbs.

You you are interested, know someone who is interested, or need more info PM me or email: merriterrier@animail.net
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Re: Rosen JRT

Postby DogNerd » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

He sounds awesome and he is a beautiful little guy too!
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 am

Robin, wow, he looks very good. Sigh, if only i was in the market for a good JRT. Wanna do some trading? :tongue:
ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby merriterrier » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:53 am

Thank you! we've put a lot of work into him.

I think Morgan and Andy (my bro) are taking him to Bishop California for a week to do some climbing. His insertion harness came the other day, so they are stoked to try it out. And hopefully get some good pics of Rosen too. :)
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 am

I'm going to PM you my JRT friend's email. She's awesome and can help promote in the Nevada foothills.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

If only now was the time for a JRT! Good luck!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Adrianne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

I'm assuming he'll chase chickens?
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby merriterrier » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

I don't know, but I'd assume so. I'm afraid I can't think of anyone who would let me come over to see if Rosen will chase chickens. lol

FransterDoo - thanks for the info. I'll be contacting her!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Awesome! she's the same friend that has the disclaimer on her website about her upcoming litter. She loves 'em smart and drivey.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

merriterrier wrote:I don't know, but I'd assume so. I'm afraid I can't think of anyone who would let me come over to see if Rosen will chase chickens. lol

no worries... a friend in AK is interested but aside from the concern of shipping she also has chickens she was questioning about. I said i doubt most JRT would tolerate chickens but I would ask for her.
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Kirstan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:59 pm

What artwork is over the couch?
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby merriterrier » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:43 am

lol, It's a painting that my friend Jeremiah Teusche AKA Mono did. It is one of my favorite pieces we own. :)
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs