Non PBs need Urgent help

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Non PBs need Urgent help

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Sadie (top), Itty Bitty (black) and Sugar (brown). They are all looking for foster or forever homes. If fostering is an option, please know that the owner will not be able to take the dogs back. Things that were out of her control happened suddenly; she is in a temporary place and will soon be moving to a place where the dogs are not allowed. The dogs' information is below. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will do everything I can to get what you need.

Sadie is seven years old, she's approximately 45lbs. She is a Catahoula/Blue tick mix and she is a high energy dog. She gets along better with dogs of the opposite sex. In a highly supervised (or crate and rotate) home she would do exceedingly well. No cats. Good with kids.

Itty Bitty is five years old, she's approximately 65-70lbs. She is a Catahoula/Bull Mastiff mix. She's shy and wouldn't do well with kids under ten, unless someone was really willing to put in some work. She's also has a skin condition frequently. The vet checked her thyroid and it wasn't that, they believe she might have cushings disease. Itty doesn't typically do well with other dogs/cats.

Sugar is six years old, she's approximately 50-55lbs. She is a Catahoula/Boxer/Pit Bull mix. She would do well with kids over ten. She is okay with cats, but might need slight reminders here and there to be easy. Okay with dogs of opposite sex.

All dogs are fixed, UTD on shots (Rabies due mid March) and are under weight. They are not chipped.

The owner is in the process of contact a Catahoula Rescue, looking into no kill shelters as well as other options. Please pass this along to ANYONE you think can help or knows someone that could help.

I'm willing to transport!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Re: Non PBs need Urgent help

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Bump
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Re: Non PBs need Urgent help

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 am

Update: All of the dogs were taken to the no kill shelter in Vero Beach. It was sad for the owner, but the condition they were in wasn't beneficial to them and she wasn't in position to take care of them any longer. She said the ladies she spoke with were very friendly and the facility was beautiful.

Here's to hoping they find new forever homes soon!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs