WA..Looking for a young pit bull

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

WA..Looking for a young pit bull

Postby pitbullgrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey everyone, a good friend of my husband's is looking for a male pit bull puppy. my husband talked to him about me finding him a rescue instead of looking at local breeders. the one thing is though is he wants to have a pup with cropped ears, he is open to adopting a pre-cut dog or taking an uncropped and taking it to a vet. he's done all the research. he just prefers the cropped look and there's no arguing with someone's preference. he wants the dog to be young, not a half grown or adult dog. I'm not sure if rescues allow adopters to crop or not but i thought i'd put feelers out and see if something's available and where to direct him to. I can atest that he will take good care of the dog. oh and cat friendly is a must as he has a cat.
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Re: WA..Looking for a young pit bull

Postby violet » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 pm

If he would be willing to adopt an older puppy, we have two 10 month old males with cropped ears.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby MrClean » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:57 pm

To add to Violet's suggestions, in addition to her rescue there's a number of local ones including Bullseye. Just google 'Pit bull rescue seattle' & you'll get a bunch.
MrClean
Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullgrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm

violet wrote:If he would be willing to adopt an older puppy, we have two 10 month old males with cropped ears.

those dogs are gorgeous! they may be too old but i'll ask.
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kirstan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 am

I have a fabulous 5 month old red fawn with white flash but he will NOT be cosmetically altered. There is no reason for it - it's a breed that can be shown cropped or uncropped. If one is not showing AND it's a rescue dog, there is no need. If he's interested in NOT cropping, Amos is a nice prospect.

~k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Adrianne » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 am

Good on them for rescue, no matter their preference of ear style.
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby pitbullgrl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes, unfortunately i don't think he could be swayed regarding the ears, I am hoping he will show interest in one of the dogs that is already cropped, the two dogs violet has suggested are gorgeous dogs that I can't believe could be passed on, i'm really hoping he'll go for them even though they're a bit older than what he was talking about. Regardless if I find a dog or not for him, he will get a dog and it will be cropped, so I'd rather get involved and have him save a dog then go out shopping for one and support our crappy breeders around here, they're a dime a dozen around these parts. He will take good care of the dog, he has a son that will enjoy taking the dog for walks, plus being a good friend of my husband's I will see the dog on a fairly regular basis. and that could even go into whatever contract there is that I will check up on the dog.

I guess the alternative is finding a GOOD breeder within decent distance of Wenatchee, but I have never looked for one so wouldn't know where to start (i just know of many bad ones) I'd rather not go that route but like I said he's gonna get a dog not matter what.
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:38 pm

I hope he goes for one of the cropped dogs Violet has. 10 months really isn't that old. Just old enough to be through the really annoying puppy stuff IMO. Then again I think puppies are cute, but I don't ever want to have one again lol
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:58 pm

that's why I got Flash. Puppies, cute cute cute. but I wanted an adult that was already thru the puppy crap, literally. lol. my husband wanted a puppy...we got Flash, a three year, now 4 year old...hehe.
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:33 pm

I personally think 5-7 mos is the perrrrfect dog age. I hope he is interested as well!
Adrianne
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs