Holly in Gainesville, FL

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Holly in Gainesville, FL

Postby Shanda » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm posting this as a favor to some kind people in the Shelter Medicine unit at the UF Vet College. I have met Holly and I think she could be a great pet for someone! Please feel free to PM me with any questions you might have, if I don't know the answer I will get it for you.

"Holly is a very sweet, playful 2.5 year-old Seal-colored spayed female pit bull who is looking for a place to call home.

We met Holly just before Christmas when she was brought to the vet school Intensive Care Unit looking like a skeleton with fur and barely able to stand. She’d been living on a chain in someone’s back yard and was on the brink of starvation. She has made a full physical recovery and doesn’t hold a grudge for her mistreatment but seems to love just about everybody she meets.

Given her upbringing, it isn’t a surprise that she still needs to learn some social skills but she’s been having training sessions and is learning quickly. We are confident the right home for her, one without other pets where she can be the center of attention, is out there somewhere… could it be with you?"

I do have pics of Holly but I will have to add them from my home computer.

She is unruly but sweet, but there have been two instances I was told of where she was frightened by multiple people crowding around her enclosure (I felt that for a wholly unsocialized animal this was far from being out of line.) She is bright and would learn quite fast with a positive teacher. She seems dog selective, having been with another male dog in a veterinarian's home and done pretty well, and would need to be in a home without cats and probably without small dogs (she is fairly drivey).
Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Re: Holly in Gainesville, FL

Postby Shanda » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Holly has been adopted :peace:
Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Re: Holly in Gainesville, FL

Postby Adrianne » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 am

yay yay yay!!
Adrianne
Regulator