Large male Rottweiler, New Mexico.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Large male Rottweiler, New Mexico.

Postby Libby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Is anyone looking for a very large, very male, adult Rottweiler? His name is Mr. Pibbs, and he weighs about 100lbs. He is in good shape, very muscular and fit. Intact, but I'd be happy to take care of that before he goes.

I don't know very much about him, other than he is four years old, has little to no training, and he is extremely sweet. Very, very friendly towards everyone, he acts like a giant puppy. I do not know how he is with other dogs, cats or kids. If required I can test him with cats, and I think he will probably be ok with older children, maybe 12 and up just due to his size and lack of grace.

I'd be willing to help out with ground transport and donate a little towards a plane ticket if he is flown.

I don't have any pictures of him right now, but I can get some on Tuesday. Someone brought him into my work place to see if anyone was looking for a 'guard dog'. I personally don't feel Mr. Pibbs would make a good guard dog, since he doesn't know a stranger, but hey, maybe he is different at home.

Anywho, just figured I'd ask. If I didn't have a gazillion dogs I'd want to snatch him up in a heartbeat.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Re: Large male Rottweiler, New Mexico.

Postby Libby » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Ok, Pibbs was really, extremely hard to get pictures of. He wanted to be cuddled next to me the whole time, so I had to run away from him and try to get pictures really fast, lmao.

The guy swears he is a purebred Rottweiler, and since I know next to nothing about the breed, I can't really form an opinion. I just know he is really, really large. When I'm standing straight, and he is standing straight against my legs, if he tips his head up so he is looking at me, his nose is level with my chest. I'm 5'2".

I just think he is beautiful, purebred or not. He's a really nice dog, and I just want to see him go to a home that deserves him, not some where that will stick him on a chain and forget about him. Or one that will just take him home and let him roam at large.

Anyway, if your interested, shoot me a PM.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby bigbadbully » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 pm

:inlove: pretty. I would love to have a rottie some day. I hope he gets a home who can get that big boy trained!

he might be pure, but if he is, he isn't a good representation. he is pretty fuzzy, and he has a lot of brown. he is handsome though!!!
bigbadbully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby TrainTrax » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 pm

My family has owned quite a few rotties in my life and I'm nearly 100% positive that he's not purebred. His coat is waaaaaaaaaay too fuzzy and long. Their hair is not necessarily short like American Pit Bull Terriers but isn't long like a Labradors. It's kind of in the middle, I guess you could say. His markings aren't wrong but there is too much brown. Every rottie that we've owned has had darker brown markings and not as much.

I would definitely say he's mixed or just very pooooooooorly bred.
TrainTrax
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Adrianne » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:18 am

Probably poorly bred, I have fostered two rotts and one looked very similar and happened to be a "papered pure bred" from a pet store. The other was a similar story and looked more like a black and tan coon hound.

Best of luck poor guy!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Rott N Pit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Ekk look at that face. I wish him luck in finding his forever home.
Rott N Pit
Adolescent Bully

Postby Sister Ray » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:06 pm

TrainTrax wrote:My family has owned quite a few rotties in my life and I'm nearly 100% positive that he's not purebred. His coat is waaaaaaaaaay too fuzzy and long. Their hair is not necessarily short like American Pit Bull Terriers but isn't long like a Labradors.

There's a recessive gene set for it, and it does pop up in poorly-bred Rotts. He's big too, and that's usually a sign of BYBing.
Sister Ray
Adolescent Bully

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:21 am

Awww! My Rat Terrier mix, Matilda, does that wrinkly mouth thing. Usually before kissing me half to death roflmao
Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs