Looking for rescue dog Tri State NJ area...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Looking for rescue dog Tri State NJ area...

Postby Maryellen » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:49 pm

my one co workers daughter is looking to adopt a dog.. she wont be able to have the dog until she moves into her house in June, so we are looking now. she is willing to take her time to find the right one

she wants a husky/shep/lab mix of some sort, like gsd mix/ or lab/mix or husky/mix.. prefers 80 lbs - wants a large dog, she has lived with large dogs her whole life, primarily dobes and labs.

wants a rescue dog that is in a foster home setting so there are no surprises.. her list of what she wants is below.. if anyone knows of any dogs that fit the below please let me know. she would prefer to see the dog in person, however she said she wont pass up a great dog if the dog has to be shipped. she prefers male dogs, as she grew up with male dogs in her parents house.. i can vouge for her no problem, she is a great gal and would make an AWESOME owner .i have known her for 9 years

Temperament: Playful, Laid-back, Friendly, Happy, Family Friendly, Friendly with other dogs and cats, Smart, Obedient, Affectionate, Gentle, Quiet, Not destructive, Not overly protective, Not hyper

Age: Preferably nothing older than 2 because we would still like to be able to train and break any bad habits. But old enough so there are no surprises in temperament and size!

Coat: Shorter hair, understandably all dogs shed but preferred to have one with moderate grooming and nothing too major. No real color preference.
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Re: Looking for rescue dog Tri State NJ area...

Postby magdalena » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Has she tried petfinder.com? I know there's a husky rescue in Central NY and a GSD rescue (both have mixes as well) in the Tri State area. Craigslist is also good to check from time to time.
magdalena
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs