Sacramento Adoptables..

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Sacramento Adoptables..

Postby tbluverjumper » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:51 pm

Hey there fellow PBF'ers...I have 2 special cases to post up here today and would appreciate any help.

First off is a sweet female we call Mamas. She's been with us for I estimate around 7mos now. She's a great dog, about a year and a half - 2 yrs old. They evaluated her as slightly younger then that and she may be but we don't know for sure. She's still on the adoption floor but doesn't hardly get looked at, she's very exuberant and because of her excess energy is very rude and pushy when you first enter her kennel. (Surprise right?) She's managed to maintain her sanity for the past months she has been with us but the likelihood someone will walk through the doors who can teach her the manners she needs and have the time for her has proven pretty slim. Once she's worn out and tired she's quite easy to handle and just has your basic puppy manner issues, has no idea about personal space yet. Very responsive to positive reinforcement and redirection methods. We originally cat tested her and it went okay but for now, I would say no go without an experienced handler who would give her the time she needs to settle in before attempting it. Same with other dogs. I think she would do just fine with an equally sized male.

Next up is Mazie Mae. This little female is absolutely the sweetest Boxer. We've gone above and beyond trying to find her a home and we have....4 times! She has been returned to us each and every time for the same reason. She can hop just about any fence you put in front of her. We even have to keep her in a covered run otherwise she likes to jump out and take little tours of the facility. She's been pet of the week time and time again, we've taken her around all sorts of crowded places (even met with the kings!) and time and time again she comes back to us. People apparently haven't believed us when we explain to them the need for management and supervision. Otherwise she is an absolute doll and such a sweet sweet dog. She doesn't do well in the shelter environment and our covered runs aren't large enough to keep her happy at all. She stays in our outdoor runs as long as someone is with her so I think the other circumstances have been due to boredom.

Any and all suggestions are welcome as far as rescues go and who might accept these dogs. I know they aren't exactly the easiest to place or foster but it's more so them just needing savvy owners. (Not that there are many of those these days). Thanks all for any help.
tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Sacramento Adoptables..

Postby starrlamia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:12 pm

:inlove:
they are both adorable but Maizie Mae is :inlove: She can jump my fence anytime!
:P
Good luck with both of them
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgirlbc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm

How is Miss Mae with other dogs?
pitbullgirlbc
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tbluverjumper » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 pm

She's picky but does have some dogs she's gotten along with. Same general situation as Mamas with other dogs. No cats for her though.
tbluverjumper
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs