Dogs in VA need homes!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Dogs in VA need homes!

Postby jessi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm a lurker most of the time but have rescued (independently) a few dogs who are now looking for homes.

I have 2 black and white female pit bulls. Daisey is 15months old, spayed, up to date on vaccines, crate trained and wonderful with other dogs (except for at meal time)! I am often asked if she is mixed with Great Dane because her legs are so long!

Ditto is 6 months old and up to date on vaccines as well. She came into the vet clinic where I work with a broken leg and her owner couldn't afford to repair the leg. She is now healed and will be spayed on April 12.

Diamond is an approximately one year old ... Husky (???) mix. She too came into the animal hospital with a broken leg. Her owner claimed that she was a husky/pit mix but I honestly don't see the pit. Unfortunately Diamond's leg could not be saved so she is now a tri-pod! She is incredibly affectionate and fine with other dogs but she would rather not be around them. She is beautifully crate trained, up to date on vaccines, spayed and learning how to get around on 3 legs.

Ripley is a 9 month old Australian Shepherd (probably a mini as he's only 30lbs). He is a wonderful dog who was surrendered to me by a friend of a friend when he could not meet his needs. He is a beautiful chocolate tri-color who is fun, happy, playful and affectionate! He's neutered, up to date on vaccines, and crate trained.

So if anyone is interested in more info about any of these guys please let me know. I realize pictures would be helpful but I'm at work at the moment and can't post any.

Thanks for looking!!
jessi
Newborn Bully

Re: Dogs in VA need homes!

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 am

Do you have your spayed/neutered pit bulls listed for adoption on www.pbrc.net? for adoption, it's a good place to advertise your dogs. What about a courtesy listing for petfinder for your non pitties?
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs