Help needed in Brevard County Fl (Fosters)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Help needed in Brevard County Fl (Fosters)

Postby jamielvsaustin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:33 pm

This is straight from craigslist. But we've been hearing about the situation more and more. Basically the North Shelter closed for repairs, so the South Shelter had to double up. It was stressful and tight quarters. Now a lot of the dogs are sick...also they have a confirmed distemper outbreak. Adoptions have been put on hold. Everything is in lockdown mode. If you can foster or know anyone that can, please get your butt over there ASAP and help save a life. If we didn't have Resi we would. I'm seriously considering it anyways...I just can't imagine my house with four dogs and two cats.

As most of you have heard and read that unfortunately we have a couple confirmed cases of Distemper. And the stress on most of the dogs has taken it's toll leading to treatable colds, in part to NACC being closed and the overcrowding they experienced. We need your help especially if you have no dog residing with you we can get the healthy ones out temporarily by you fostering. They provide the food, medicine for those showing a slight cold and crates and etc..
If you feel more comfortable we are placing all the owner surrenders, YES!! to your next ? if they know we have distemper and adoption row is closed indefinetly. These owners don't care when we tell them up front. Anyways, surrenders and strays and pups are being comfortably housed in large crates in a very large clean shed out back. So they need to get these fostered out so we have room or else they go into the shelter building with risks of distemper of the colds going around. Just like humans,when they get stressed it lowers the immune system. PLEASE PLEASE CALL THE SHELTER TO OFFER HELP @321-253-6608 or the rescue coordinator/animal services employee Kim @ 321-863-9616. no answer leave a message-she will return your call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Re: Help needed in Brevard County Fl (Fosters)

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm

aww Wish I could. But with 6 dogs.. and 2 cats.. and 3 people.. My House is sadly full! :(
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs