Wilbur in Austin, TX (PIC!)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Wilbur in Austin, TX (PIC!)

Postby jenn&aala » Wed May 26, 2010 11:53 am

I'm not sure I'm ready for another dog just yet, and this guy needs to be someon'e one and only sounds like.

I figure if I can't have this precious fella maybe we can at least spread the word and help him find his forever home.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15975271

More About WilburWhen you look into Wilbur's eyes they just seem to say "Please." "Please love me, please don't leave me, please take care of me." He wins the heart of everyone who meets him, and doesn't understand why he isn't special enough for someone to look at him and say "Wilbur, you're mine." He might just burst with excitement when that day comes for him. He tries and tries to be special enough - he quietly sneaks up to snuggle with you, or crawls in bed with you so gently as if not to wake you - for fear that if you know he's there you won't want him. He quietly nuzzles against you, sometimes keeping his head down, asking if it is ok that he asks you to pet him. You can see how affectionate and devoted to his people he is in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvYCB3a14M. Wilbur's entire life he has been left. Left in a dog run with no water, left with no food until he was so skinny that you could see every bone in his ribcage. Ironically, feeling unwanted his whole life has turned him into an amazingly devoted, appreciative, people-centered dog, the way that only sadness sometimes can. It is literally like he is seeing the world for the first time and wants to experience everything. Show him a tennis ball and he lights up just waiting for you to throw it. Sit on the couch and he asks if he can come sit next to you. Treats are like the biggest delicacy he's ever seen. Not only that, but he received excellent training at a top-notch canine behavior training center. He's kennel trained, house trained, and leash trained - he's all wrapped into a great package just ready to mix right into his new home. For now he would really like to be your one and only canine companion - he needs some extra special attention so he can know what it is to have a family of his very own. He is a sweet, gentle, trusting dog who more than anything else in the world wants someone to look back into his eyes and say "I love you, I won't leave you, and I'll take care of you." For the person that opens up their heart and their lives to Wilbur, instead of "Please" he'll say "Thank you" in every way that he can. Can you be Wilbur's loving forever home? Or just want to find out more about him? Email adopt@austinpetsalive.org. If you can't take Wilbur home with you, can you help him by spreading the word to your friends and network? Wilbur is house trained and spayed/neutered.
jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs