Sheltie Rescues in West Texas

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Sheltie Rescues in West Texas

Postby freezingbear » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything, but does anyone know of a sheltie rescue in or around the west Texas area?

My mom recently took an 8 year old sheltie from one of her co-workers because it had severe heart worms, and, rather than treat it, her co-worker planned to continue using her as breeding stock (she's been bred every heat cycle since her first one :po: ). She's finished her heartworm treatment now and is recovering from her spay, but my mom has too many dogs to keep her and give her the life she deserves.

If anyone has any information about a rescue in the area, it would be greatly appreciated.
freezingbear
Newborn Bully

Re: Sheltie Rescues in West Texas

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:53 pm

You might be able to find a rescue if you put your Mom's zipcode in on this webpage:

http://adopt-a-sheltie.adoptapet.com/

Or you can look at Petfinder.com and look for a sheltie in her area and find the rescues that way too.

She might want to get some references from any rescues though to make sure it is really a legitimate rescue.

Bless your Mom for getting her treated for heartworm and spayed. At least she won't have to have more puppies.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs